1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Ducati Multimedia System Reset

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by DangerMouseUK, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Hi Guys,

Have a 1260 S with the Ducati Multimedia System.

Does anyone know how to reset/wipe the unit beyond deleting the devices in the menu (and beyond presumably taking it to a dealer for them to wipe)?

I can pair the phone for music etc but for the life of me I can't get the Ducati Link app to recognise the bike even when there's a previous pairing.

Also does anyone else notice from an iPhone using the DMS system as the hub or go between between the phone and the headset that the music quality is noticeably worse - is this just a design fault or is there a software update to fix this?

Under info it says Bluetooth Version 4.0 but I'm guessing that literally means the BT version and not the software version of the DMS module.

Thanks !!

2. For anyone who wants a browse, the DMS unit is made by a company called Cobo Group in Italy.

The catalogue for the part is located here;

https://www.cobogroup.net/en/catalogues/control-units/connectivity-devices.html

Its in PDF format and the device in the catalogue is either the IN2 Router or IN2 Router X (I think its the first one as the second isn't out yet).

Ducati have customised the device sufficiently that Cobo's IN2 Router app in the App store won't find the device which is a shame as you can change priorities for connected devices and I was hoping see the quality of the sound but either way the app won't see the device at all.

Dealer is going to look at it/flash any updates to it at the first service so will just wait and connect direct to headset in the interim as I think the DMS doesn't support AAC, so the whole thing goes from a potential 256kb AAC (using Spotify highest quality) down to about 128kb SBC possibly even less by the sound of the quality coming from the headset. This is with an iPhone connected to the DMS and a wireless headset connected to the Rider profile on the DMS as well. Android might be able to stream in a different codec to the DMS that an iPhone can't but I don't see any info even in the catalogue about supported codecs so will ask Ducati customer service if they want to give any more info.

Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information