1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multimedia System - Volume Adjustment Sometimes Not Working

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Marcello, May 30, 2019.

1. Hello,

I managed to connect both my iPhone and my Schubert C4 to the DMS.
    Controlling music tracks from the dashboard works perfectly (I can see song titles etc.) however sometimes I am not able to increase or decrease the volume - unless I do it from the helmet.

Is this something someone else has experienced? It's rather weird.

Thanks!

2. I could never get volume to work from the dash even though I could see the music player working

The Ducati media system is a bit and miss to be honest

Gave up in the end and just connect helmet to phone

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mine was working fine till yesterday, this morning the volume buttons were not working (I could see the + and - blinking when pressing but volume remained the same) :)

4. Is this the Ducati Link app?

5. Nope - it's the Ducati Multimedia System installed on the bike itself

6. Does the Ducati Link app connect to it though??

7. Yes it does - but I do not use the App at all.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I like the Ducati Multimedia on the display only because it's an improvement to pairing the phone just to the headcom.
    However it's flaky. The volume or the track names on the display does not work.
    The only improvement for me is the ability to choose and call the last callers. I can't do that from just the headcom.

9. Just back from work - volume buttons worked again :)

Very hit and miss....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just found this thread......

my volume controls have never worked, I have to use the headset volume controls....plus the other media controls don't always work first time

• Like Like x 1
  11. I want to try out the multimedia system and I have already connected my phone to the bike, do you just connect your comms system next and it all works or is there a method/process to do it? I also wish to connect my sat nav as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I have an iPhone a Sena SRL & a TomTom I connected the phone to the bike as “smartphone” the Sena to the bike as “rider one’ & the TomTom to my Sena via the dedicated GPS connection (but I don’t have spoken directions turn on unless needed as it clashes with others)

to get call notifications & contact name of the person calling you on the display, you need to switch on notifications & sync contacts in the Bluetooth settings

13. Thanks bud! I’ll give it a go.

14. Im also going to try this again. Has anyone also set rider to rider intercom? Not sure if you just have to use headset to headset pairing (and how this affects the Ducati connection).

15. Yes, I have rider to rider and there's multiple ways you can do that.
    1) as a second rider through the Ducati multimedia
    2) as Comm to Comm a) rider/passenger b) as a member of a group.
    In fact, I have both ways set-up as the two Cardo Comm are paired and connected prior to starting the bike.
    Once the bike is started, the first comm is displayed as Rider and second comm is shown as Passenger on the display.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks. We tried connecting Sena (SCHUBERTH) and Interphone headsets when I was out the other day and used the ‘universal’ connection but it was very poor quality. Perhaps I’ll try the Ducati system next time.

17. Last time i used the system, it completely froze my screen, then 5 mins later the warning light came on...

I'm not overly keen to use it again : unamused:

18. Still struggling to make this work.
    Last time I got the phone and bike paired, added the intercom (on the bike), added the Sat (on the bike).
    I could see the music player, it would start, stop and skip a track on the dashboard (seems flaky to make changes and I couldn't see how to change the volume). Then it worked for a moment in the headset, but soon stopped, still playing but no sound. I also kept getting last calls appearing (with nothing in the menu)

I also have the Schuberth App on my phone, which was also paired, this is helpful to change setting on the headset..

Does it matter in what order you pair everything?
    I have an iPhone, Shuberth C4 Pro (Sena intercom) and Garmin 595l (probably going to upgrade to the Zumo XT)
    I want to:
    Pair my phone for music from iTunes, ability to change volume and skip a track
    Pair to another rider's intercom (Anycom as they have an Interphone)
    Finally pair to the Sat Nav for directions (but less bothered about this)

Any advice welcome

19. Although the order does not matter, all gadgets must be paired with Ducati. Not with each other.
    As far as I'm aware, the only exception to this rule is grouping Cardo headsets.

#19 DarR, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  20. One more for this.

I've a 2016 Multi 1200S DVT, Garmin 595, and Scala Cardo the slim one (not bought it yet). Huawei P20 Pro.

It seems confusing and counter intuitive to have everything paired to each other !!! I'd be confused never mind the hardware.
    So, is there an order to pair, and what to pair to what???

Any advice would be most helpful.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information