1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati Multistrada Dvt 1200 Touring, Red 65 Plate With Extras

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by jmiller_100, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Ducati Multistrada DVT 1200 Touring in red. It is a 65 plate – Was pre-registered by Ducati Aylesbury in December ‘15 and purchased by me in January ’16 as new (less than 5 miles on the clock). All servicing and warranty work done by them as well. It currently has 9800 miles on the clock, with about half of those being run up in the course of two European summer tours in ’16 and ’17.

It is the Touring model so comes with panniers, heated grips and centre stand. It is Datatagged by Ducati as standard. It also has the following additional bits installed:

• OEM Ducati rear LED indicators (original indicators included as well).
    • Navihalter sat nav mount, Garmin cradle and Garmin Zumo 930LM sat nav included.
    • MRA screen /w adjustable spoiler (OEM almost-new screen included as well).
    • R&G radiator guard.
    • Evotech engine/header guard.
    • SW Motech “Engage” tank bag + mounting ring (original tank ring bolts included for removal/retrofitting).
    It is in excellent condition, garage kept etc and has been an outstanding bike for me. Both tyres were replaced last spring so have plenty of tread left.

The only niggles I encountered were fuel level sensor failure (replaced at first annual service), and the exhaust valve/butterfly seized last fall, so the catalytic converter box/assembly was also replaced under warranty.

It comes freshly serviced (on 2 June).

All paperwork, books, service history, copies of service receipts, both keys, etc included and in order. Was purchased cash so no financing outstanding.

Asking £8500. Based in Crouch End area of north London (N6 postcode). Any questions please let me know. Many thanks.

20180401_142126.jpg 20180401_142139.jpg 20180401_142210.jpg 20180401_142223.jpg 20180401_142232.jpg 20180401_142239.jpg 20180401_142256.jpg 20180401_142946.jpg 20180401_142952.jpg 20180401_143006.jpg 20180401_143140.jpg

20180603_161020.jpg

20180603_161058.jpg

#1 jmiller_100, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  2. How much is the required service going to cost?

3. A very clean example, good luck with the sale.

4. Last serviced in January 2017 surely?

5. Well spotted!

6. Hi is this bike still for sale?

Regards

7. Judging by my post on Sunday and no response from owner I'd guess at no / away on holiday etc ;)

8. Apologies for the delay all, I was indeed away last week and not receiving thread alerts... sorry about that.

To respond in turn -

@Nottsbiker - Ducati have estimated £270 for the annual service.

@El Toro - Last serviced January 2017 indeed, thanks for the spot. I have updated the original post.

@Treblig - Yes it is still available.

I will be much more responsive going forward - apologies again.

9. I'm interested and will PM you later

10. Hi Mr underscore100, interested to know your thoughts on the MRA screen and where you purchased from. Looks a lovely clean example so no doubt it will sell quickly :)

11. Hi Nigel

It is MRA's "Vario" touring screen. I ordered it from www.bikehps.com not long after buying the motorbike - order and delivery were great, no issues that I can recall.

This screen was great for me - The OEM screen gave me a lot of buffeting and helmet noise regardless of position, which this screen calmed down considerably. I tried various positions with the spoiler piece, but wound up finding that the retracted position (as shown in the photos above) worked best for me. I imagine a lot is dependant on rider height, riding position, helmet choice, etc.

The one downside I can think of is that the curve of the screen is such that it *just* makes contact with a Navihalter GPS mount if installed, which causes a small mark on the screen. It is a relatively minor thing and is obscured by the navihalter/GPS mount itself, so didn't cause me any issues. Probably a fairly easy DIY fix if known about in advance.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Hi all - Just to update, this bike is still for sale. It has now been freshly serviced by Ducati Aylesbury so I have updated the original post accordingly.

Also, new price - £8500. Will be going up on autotrader shortly so if anybody is interested please let me know.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Hi,
    Message sent through MCN.
    I've bought a Dvt, last year, from a members Forum.

Hope to hear from you.
    Regards

14. Hello - received and replied, many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information