1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Newbie - Proud 1299 Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by JJ1299SX, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Hi all,

My name is Jay and I have just took ownership of a Ducati 1299 base model, early 2017 model with 3800 miles, not yet ridden it.

I am new to Ducati's, I have had countless Jap IL4s but once I tried an Aprilia V2 I never looked back, I guess that is why I am here now.

The Italian bikes seem to have so much more character and I love the V2 power delivery.

I will be trawling the pages and racking your brains over the coming months, firstly with the mystic gold colour that belongs to the anniversary edition 1299.

Hoping that this Ducati proves reliable and ownership is a good first experience for me.

& I look forward to meeting you all,

Jay.

Ducati 1299.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  2. Welcome. Be prepared for it to be very different to a JIL4. You’ll get used to it, and you’ll love it :upyeah:

3. welcome jay, bike looks stunning welcome to the ducati club :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Welcome to the forum Jay.:)

5. Thanks for the warm welcome guys

• Like Like x 2
  6. Welcome. i just got a 1299 after coming from IL4 bikes. these bikes are so much more than i expected

• Like Like x 4
  7. Welcome and enjoy!

8. Lovely bike, welcome!

9. Good looking bike there; you are going to love it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Good to have you here

11. Very nice… pro twins? I was there on Saturday looking at a ‘22 v4s.

12. Thanks, yes ! First time I had been there, didn't even know it existed, tucked right out the way.

I was happy with the service I received and by all accounts from what I read they are a great dealership, I also got a years warranty which is comforting on such bike.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome jay be careful it can bite enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information