1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati Panigale 899

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by stuart parr, Aug 13, 2018.

1. I am very regrettably selling my 899 Panigale :(

The bike is in a lovely condition with all standard features including ABS & Traction Control.

1 previous Dr owner from new. Any inspection welcome you will not be disappointed.

See pictures for service history etc...

Milage is currently 13’800 with long MOT.

Rides perfect and is a real head turner :)

The bike speaks for its self so I will let it do the talking.

Still in use but being ridden very rarely so milage won’t be far off 13,800.

Any questions welcome, all I ask is no silly offers I’ve had many already.

Stunning bike, enjoy.

Price £7995

7C593B10-AACD-432B-BFC5-6ED8CA823CA9.png

7F204FD8-D47A-40A2-A98F-A31739199E6D.png

2263EC5E-A011-43BC-93BD-BAA18595B76B.png

83B7B12E-B3BD-45D4-9D01-A9A1E7F09B33.png

15E9C42D-DFC8-4FA9-AD0C-3351965CDA80.jpeg

ADAF6D1E-3275-4302-B0DE-29631741BFB3.jpeg

AC385F61-7B6D-48AF-A272-62984AA99359.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. What does “one previous Dr owner”mean ?

3. It means the grips will either be really clean or really dirty.

• WTF WTF x 1
  4. Ha, previous owner was a Doctor used it for commuting into London.

5. lovely bike

i love the dr thing... its as good as 'owned by company director.' i wouldnt want a bike owned by the late harold shipman nor the director of bodgit building co (or carillion for that matter...)

6. Hahahahaha just trying to add a bit of humour.

7. Nice bike.

I was thinking it was owned by The Doctor! :motorcycleduc:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Can anybody help with any feedback? Haven’t had much interest or is it the type of bike I’m trying to sell? Anything you can suggest?

Cheers

9. Late in the season is probably relevant, if it's a bargain it will sell, if it's just priced about right that might be the problem as people want stuff for nowt.

Lovely looking bike that.

10. I’ve bought and sold 70 odd bikes over the years, July to September is the worst time to sell, March to May is prime time. As said above, it needs to be cheap to sell at this stage of the biking season

11. Amazed. I’d expect it to seek for 10-20% less over winter and summer being primate time. It is in dealers..

12. By now most folks have got their bikes sorted for this season, when it leads up to it they seem to fly out

13. What's a silly offer? If I rock up with £7,500 is that a silly offer? If I ride over on my very nice 999s and offer you £500 in cash and my bike (mine is going up in value, yours is going down) is that a silly offer?

Being very brutal about it, it's got no Termis and is quite high mileage. If I was looking at £8k I might as well look at £8.5k with lower mileage and Termis or £9.6k with a lot lower miles. If I was looking at your bike against those I'd be weighing up my options and thinking about whether I could do better. Yours doesn't stand out for being overpriced as there are others out there with higher mileage and no extras for give-or-take same money... yours just also isn't a "must buy" bargain.

Sit tight, you'll get your money. Just mightn't be this week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  14. Nice looking bike...Termi's make a big difference to selling a Ducati as they cost quite a bit to buy separately ,and a duke doesn't quite sound as it should without them, the bike seems reasonably priced to me but I wouldn't buy it because of what I've just outlined...BTW I would never let one of my kids near mine for fear of chocolate sticky finger marks all over it, be patient it will sell but maybe not for what you're expecting to get...just my twopence worth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I think a lot of people will be put off by the mileage - the big service is almost due and that is VERY expensive.

16. When I sold my last multi, and the 848 before that, it was due a service so I sim0y equated service cost into the price when I traded in. Was going to cost me a grand, so 500 less than I hoped was acceptable :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. I just did the same on my 1098. Needed belts, service, tyre and MOT so factored that cost in and came away happy with the deal.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks for all your input very much appreciated, all makes sense and I agree. I’d be willing to let it go for less to avoid holding it over the winter. I bought the bike in May to go to my first TT in June with the view to selling it on afterwards. Happy prior to buying that I’d take a hit when selling on as bought from a dealership. Bikes awesome and will make a cheap buy for someone. If somebody turns up with £7500 cash then they may just find themselves with a cheap 899. Haven’t seen any for sale in the 7k price range. Time will tell I guess

19. Oh don't bloody go round saying things like that...

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. :eyes:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information