1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Performance Igniter 900ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Pauldonjuan, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Update: ....Ok still getting an issue with my ignitech unit and TPS setup. A quick question to those running this setup, can i ask what spark plugs you are running with it. Just looked at mine and they are NGK DPR8EA-9's which seem to be the resistor type.
    The Caps, leads and coils are from Exige ie the CCW high out put coils which according to the spec have the same resistance as the original coils/leads etc. Just now wondering if this is my issue?

2. Sorry, I can't comment on the TPS, but My 97 M900 fitted with the ignitech unit, and Exige CCW Coils runs better than it ever has. The Spark Plugs are the ones that came with the coils, and I've just plugged in the Ignitech with no re-programming.

The only problem I had is when I tried to tidy up the wiring and re-bundled it behind the coils.
    It ran like a pig all of a sudden, but was fine when I moved it all again, leading me to believe the system is sensitive to interference between the wires for the two pots if they are too close together.

I've got some decent shielded braid at work that I'm going to cover the cables in.

Nasher.

3. It is a sensitive unit, I earthed a braid around the Ignitech loom. Keep well away from HT leads. Im soon switching my CA Cycleworks coils out for Nology profires and using a Hall effect system supplied by Liam Venter in NZ.

4. Think i have solved it!!!...and yes it seems to be a sensitive unit!

Changed out the plug caps to non resistor type and also swapped out the HT leads for some Multi Stranded Copper Core leaving the resistor NGK plugs and it seems to have done the trick.
    Took it for a ride without the TPS activated but just on the base map and she was pulling like a train cleanly at all revs. Then took her out with the TPS activated and same again although I now think it would benefit from a dyno session to dial in the map.

Fingers crossed thats it!!

5. Great news, fingers crossed its sorted!

6. Nope..:( thought this was sorted but took it out a week or so ago after getting it taxed and she ran badly again!!

Only seems to happen at higher revs (6k and above) and on a constant throttle, surges and misses. Came back swapped out to the standard kokusan's and she runs smooth as, but has noticeably less go!!

Will look at the shielding again and maybe the earth point and have another go, bloody annoying!!

7. Maybe, but can't see that sorting the constant throttle thing, as its been said before i think its sensitive to interfearance!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Finally sorted...spent some time re routing the feed from the pickups so that it was as far away from the HT leads/caps etc as it could be, routing it up on the right side of the bike. Ignitech unit mounted in the tail and wires from that down the left frame rails. Also adjusted the FCR's to get rid of the hanging throttle and she rides really well now. Going to get it on a dyno come the spring to dial in the map and carbs....bloody awesome.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information