1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Ducati Performance Seats

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Tel, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Does anyone have any idea on how long a Ducati performance seat should last? I've probably done about a1000miles on mine and it looks worn out.
    Any ideas if they're still available to buy?

2. #2 duc996bp, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  3. The DP Superpole seat is THE best seat for 848/1098/1198 bikes. You can find them on here or ebay nowandagain

4. I've a Ducati Performance seat on my 1098R. Though it is really grippy, like yours, it's decayed really quickly. Maybe 1-2k miles.

I'll be replacing it with a DP superpole as mentioned above.

5. Mine lasted a lot longer than 1k miles, honestly I did nearly 2k and sold it as brand new condition pretty much. I guess it depends if you have leathers, seams etc that scratch and pull it when riding.

6. +1 to that. I replaced my DP seat with one as it was looking a bit "tired". The Superpole seat looks (and feels!) like it will last forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Plus the superpole seat is surprisingly comfortable over long distance, despite being firm. Yet relatively comfy (for a ducati seat) it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Is the Ducati superpole seat thicker/ taller?
    I’m quite short so don’t want too add any extra height to the seat if I can avoid it

9. The Superpole seat is definitely taller - I'm 6' 1" and I find the extra bit of leg room a benefit. However because you're sitting higher, you have to crane your neck more to see where you're going - no such thing as a free lunch! Helibars anyone?

10. To throw another hat into the ring, I have a zero gravity seat, no extra height, and it is great :upyeah:

11. Yes. On my 1098R. Superpole seat + Helibars = long distance touring comfort! You can have your cake and eat it.

79107245-C327-4D18-A193-D1456D2F21F2.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. I made my seat it's very comfy and stops me sliding around on it.
    20171228_174003.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information