1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Posts Record Sales

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by Ducati News, Mar 15, 2013.

1. ducati-logo.jpg

While the uncertain economic conditions have forced many consumers to consider what they really need as opposed to what they really want this has not impacted Ducati to any great extent as the latest sales figures for the 2012 year have shown. Whole many companies are finding that their sales are going down year on year, this has not been the case of Ducati as the “Audi Annual Press Conference” held in Ingolstadt, Germany demonstrated this week.

The results from the sales of 2012 raised some interesting discussion points and was also good news for Ducati as a whole. Since 2011 sales of Ducati models have risen by 16% and over 44,000 units were bought by customers worldwide last year. In addition to this, the hyped up US market for a massive 21% growth as well.

Ducati closed 2012 with revenues of 606 million euro, an increase of 16% compared with 2011 and a total of 44,102 motorcycles delivered to customers. Our growth rate has been especially impressive in the US, currently our primary-focus market, with sales up by 21% compared to 2011, confirming an absolutely positive trend for this country, where Ducati sales have increased consistently for the past 30 months.

- Gabriele Del Torchio, CEO of Ducati Motor Holding

Much of the success has been put down to the marketing and design of the Multistrada, Hypermotard, Hyperstrada and 1199 Panigale R which all account for a very high percentage of Ducati sales. Indeed, the company has also been venturing out into the Far East with some of the emerging markets. This is not anything new for Ducati - for example the Ducati Monster 795 was specifically built for the Asian market and especially Thailand and Vietnam in particular.

With new stakeholders in the company, Ducati has never been so solid, and these positive figures confirm the value and commitment of all the company staff and of our brand, increasingly popular, appreciated and renowned all over the world.

- Gabriele Del Torchio, CEO of Ducati Motor Holding

You can always read a little bit too much in results and figures however these newly released statistics for the 2012 sales year have shown that, far from suffering from the economic crisis, Ducati are actually doing very well and they have a very solid foundation and sales plan which to grow on. Considering that Ducati now has Audi as their parent company after the $1.1 billion purchase last year it is safe to say that the Italians will be experience some success for a while yet.

ducati-logo.jpg

2. I thought it amusing that they mention they are concentrating on the States and then the one bike that doesn't get a mention for all the extra sales is the Diavel.

How fishy is that? I'd be interested to have the model breakdown, but fat chance of that, I imagine.

3. Hyperstrada and Panigale R did not account for any sales in 2012 - they weren't in production!?!?! :rolleyes:

And as gliddofglood says, Diavel is a big hitter in the states too.

Seems like this story is a tad confused. However I can guarantee that Ducati had an excellent year last year thanks to excellent sales results for most of the model ranges but especially Panigale.

This year is looking strong too.

Mart

4. I was interested to see that they are expanding their dealerships to even Goa in India. I have already seen their dealership in Bombay, and now they have another in Goa, wouldn't be surprised to see several more in India in the next few years !

5. Monster 795 made in thailand sells at £8000 like hotcakes in Thailand , my local dealer in Pattaya sold 133 last year , he only sold 17 other models as the imported ones from Italy cost at least double EU prices due to import duty .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information