1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Price Increase?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Snips, Oct 11, 2021.

1. I guess it's to be expected with the way the market for new and used cars and bikes is at the moment, and Triumph did it a month or so ago, but is it me, or did Ducati recently [quietly] bump their bike prices?

For example, a Streetfighter V4 S was a 20K bike (£19,975), but is now a 21K bike... £20,995 o_O

Not sure when that happened.

2. It happened on 1st October.

3. Getting supplies and raw materials might be the reason for the price increase or Giuseppe has had a wage rise.

4. 5% on the SFV4S not even than much....well sort off.
    I was looking for a 1-2 years old 2nd hand car. Prices are mental, a car that was 26k last year is priced at 30k :astonished:

5. i bought a 'standard' 3 year old 911 6 months ago and reckon its gone up in price 10% since then. crazy!

6. I banged my 911 through webuyanycar.com just for shits and giggles.... fucking hell, I was tempted to go for their offer o_O

7. Used car and even bike prices have gone through the roof!

Autotrader did a good YouTube vid recently to explain why (for cars). It effectively stems from the lack of new cars which they say is deliberately reduced by the manufacturers to inflate the price of new cars. They said that the chip shortage worked in their favour. Meant dropping base models/lower spec versions so they could sell more expensive models and higher spec ones etc. This explains why demand for used cars has increased leading to prices increasing. Sure many know the industry inside out, but looking from the outside in, was quite insightful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. This one? The Ferrari model of doing business... Good explanation, protecting their bottom line, as usual the end user pays. More people 'driven' into PCP deals but surely the bubble was due to burst on that too... or has that now been conviently saved? PCP has been keeping the mainstream automotive industry and motor trade alive for some time.

9. That's the one!

10. A lot of vehicle manufacturrers will no longer quote for HP purchases, they are PCP only.

We are fast heading to a world where vehicles are leased and nothing else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Must be an age thing but I have never bought any vehicle without first having the money to pay for it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.

Though I did ignore my own advise once and jumped the gun on the purchase of my previous bike, an MV Agusta, with a PCP deal when I knew I'd have the funds to settle after 12-16 months. Which I did and was fairly pleasantly surprised that the hit from that wasn't a bad as I thought it would be (marriage falling apart so investing in an asset who's value plummeted like a stone seemed like a good idea whilst having some fun at the same time...).

• Like Like x 2
  13. List prices are just there to justify PCP 'deals' now, and have killed it for the 20% (?) of people who pay cash.

There needs to be a law change so that monthly PCP charges need to include the initial deposit divided over the same period too..

14. Most if not all vehicle manufacturers would cease to exist if there were no credit sales.

15. Definitely a generational thing.

My parents would never buy anything until they had the money.

When I was younger I'd use a combination of savings and bank loan.

Sons dont think twice about using the pcp finance model.

16. Problem is, how many people can afford to buy even just a mid range new car cash these days? I don't know many at all.

17. My question would always be do I need a new car? Many people, including youngsters, think that they need one every year. I bought a new Hyundai Tucson diesel in 2007 and never even thought of buying a new car till it was just about knackered. I then bought a new Citroen C3 diesel last year, that should be good for the next ten years.
    Having said that, I have little interest in cars.
    I tend to keep a bike for three years or so now, that was a new one every year not so long ago.

18. I bought my M3 in June last year for £24k, sold it 2 weeks ago for £32k. Bought and sold private. Certainly a crazy market.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pre covid, I was doing about 25k miles every year so for me, new or nearly new every 3-4 years was the way to go for the warranty etc. Now, probably not, plus with low company car tax on electric cars, I'll likely go that route instead. I do get what you mean though. Why does a 19 year old need a 20k fiesta ST just to sit in McDonalds car park. Once upon a time they would be 500 quid Vauxhall Novas :joy:

20. Up until the end of last year, I always paid cash for bikes. But as an experiment I used the cash I would have paid for a bike to buy some more shares/ crypto. Without going into the figures, the profit I made from those investments more than paid for the bike over the year that I owned it. It’s certainly changed the way I think about financing toys.

#20 Multirider75, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information