1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Red - Paint Code

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Jet Black, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Hi folks, could you please tell me if Ducati have a paint code for their red paintwork. I know it sounds like a pretty daft question, but I was told by a paint sprayer that they don't ?? cheers

2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thanks guys

5. Years ago was told it was ford radiant red, is that true does anyone know

6. I really wouldn't if I was you.

7. I seem to remember it matching my c '92, 600ss, but I could be mistaken

• Like Like x 1
  8. Also a red Nissan colour was prity much spot on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've used as touch up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ...and certainly you couldn't tell anyone...;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ok, I didn't do it

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Paint is the same price whether it is labelled as a match for Ducati, Ford, Nissan or Trabant… so why would you not buy the right paint?
    In the same vein, Ducati bought their paint in countless batches from several suppliers over the years since they settled of these colours, with slight tone differences between them, used different solvent and cure chemistry, and painted over different colour primers, and went from colour top layer to an over-lacquer system. The bikes we own are from different years, and have had different lives regarding exposure to sun, polishes etc..
    So how can any one particular shade of red exactly match the actual paint on your own bike? Take a panel into a well regarded auto paint factor, find the most experienced guy there, and tell them how you intend to spray it and get them to colour match it in natural light.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Screenshot_20211225-213145_Lechler MAP.jpg

14. This is a small selection of red paint codes what is the model and year you are looking for

Do Not Sell My Personal Information