1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Ducati Release New Akrapovic Race System Db Killers

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Android853sp, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Just been notified that a new db killer kit, that claims to reduce the race system noise level to 107db, is now available to order from your preferred Ducati dealer. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  2. Well that's as much use as tits on a man isn't it? I thought the noise limit for UK tracks was 105db? Or am I missing something? :)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. It's make the race system a little less anti social on the road though. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Had mine installed last week after spending the best part of a year procrastinating about what exhaust to put on it... without any baffles it's pretty obnoxious, popping and burbling constantly! :dizzy:

Exactly how I like it!!! :motorcycleduc::laughing:
    IMG_9292.JPG IMG_9632.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  5. Can’t really see the point. It’s still going to fail noise testing and most tracks

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Andy, do you happen to have a part number for the new kit?

7. I know you know but God Dayum that things pretty!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you... for me, it now sounds as good as it looks!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I heard the MR V4RS fire up in the workshop before it shipped out for detailed mapping this morning.
    I’m afraid not, I just said to the parts department order me one. If you are in no hurry, I’ll post the number when the kit arrives. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. No rush, winter here, so the bikes are in storage for another month or so, if you could post the number when you get it, I would appreciate it :):upyeah:

11. Ive tested mine with just the std akra baffles and its 107-108db at 5500rpm ?!?!

12. Noise test is carried out at 2/3rds max revs (3/4 at Castle Combe), so you need to be testing at about 9500rpm. Andy

13. Weird from ACU guide.. states over 750cc 4 cyl = 5500rpm...

upload_2019-3-12_14-14-19.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. All the track day noise testers I have been tested by have based their tests around 2/3 rds of the max revs. JIL4s have always been tested to a higher rpm because their red line is up around the 15000rpm and I understand Aprillia V4s are tested at revs higher than the V2. Andy

15. I had a panni 199 before my V4 and a Mv 312R IL4 before that and have never had to rev over 5500rpm for the MV for any trackday noise test - 9500rpm would be madness..

It would be sure intersting to hear 9500rpm though :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. 96481631A, 37D53ABA-297F-4867-BE05-E27E88A8C71C.jpeg Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Thank you very much :)

18. I don't have the middle perforated cone in my kit? just the longer baffle and waste of time washer!

19. Not sure what’s gone on there. I’ve now seen 2 kits and they both have the 3 parts plus 2 screws and washers. I’ve assumed the long db killer replaces the original short db killer in the exhaust outlet of the horizontal cylinder (longer pipework) silencer and the strainer goes in the inlet of the vertical cylinder (shorter pipework) silencer and retains the original short db killer at the exhaust outlet. Andy

20. Has anyone installed the new kit yet, and was there a noticable change in DB levels?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information