1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cafe Racer Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer Gopro 8 Walkaround, Beauty Shots & Sound

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Bologna998, May 22, 2020.

1. When the whole Scrambler thing started I wouldn't have thought I'd say this, but I think the Cafe Racer is one of the best-looking Ducatis out there today :bucktooth:

And so I had to make a video of that, of course:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nowt wrong with a Scrambler...

3D4C3EE3-A6B9-4078-A9F2-9C379050DB1D.jpeg

3. Nice vid:upyeah:

Technical question please. How TF do you see anything in those mirrors? I put some like that in my Monster recently, thought they looked cool hanging down like that but couldn’t see FA behind me when I got on the bike other than my arms :(. Had to have them upwards in the end.

4. 887D1063-A8B2-411E-83A0-E02FE72101C7.png
    did you polish your tank panels Fire or get stainless?, I had mine polished. 15D7987B-811E-4132-9FCA-CC8664B964AE.jpeg

5. I recon it lifts the bike, a nod to the original as well, my badges were an eBay bargain, £18 the pair, made in Mumbai by time served artisans.

6. I must admit, they have really grown on me since they came out and I have thought about getting one several times over.
    The stumbling block for me is the hp. If they could get them up to around the 100 hp mark then I would probably bite, but
    as it stands, I know I would be getting rid of it within 6 months, regardless of how much I liked the looks.
    When I heard about the 1100s coming out I thought xmas had come, but they really didnt make the most of the bigger motor at all. :-(

7. I agree, makes you wonder why they haven’t gone all out and done a shiny model really. The Classic is even quite muted in its current colours... Cafe Racer went a bit backwards IMO. If they did a black one with the current fuel / gear improvements I’d be quite tempted.

8. Respectfully, it’s not the point of them... they’re nimble, and they’re fast enough to be surprising and to make sense on the roads we have rather than the roads we wish we had. I have more fun with the Scrambler, pinned and wagging its head over crests, than I do on a more “serious” bike. 76hp is enough to make most roads fun. It’s awful for motorways and big A roads... but that’s not it’s forte.

The Scrambler is torquey, handles nicely and corners like a demon. A joyful little thing, and actually it’s not embarrassed by much on the road...

Depends where your head’s at and whether you like a bit of a challenge. That said, me and my Dad did about 100 miles of glorious back lanes and B roads on our Scramblers yesterday and didn’t go over 70mph. Was lovely.

B515E468-963E-4045-9823-5F438D17336A.jpeg B808647F-1DBC-4BA6-9D3A-CDF5F590235C.jpeg

Even enjoyed cleaning it afterwards...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. yes, it’s a shame they are only just over 70 bhp, taking them to 90bhp would have made them more exiting, I’ve got an M1200 that’s obviously a lot more powerful but more fun to ride?, IMO no, the beauty of the scrambler is it’s small size, really nimble, the power is “just” adequate , they are definitely not underpowered, they just haven’t got “nutty” power, it’s good fun being able to wind it on occasionally without immediately being at 3 figure speeds, if you haven’t test ridden one it’s worth taking one out, most seem to enjoy them once ridden.

I took an 1100 out and was disappointed, the extra weight soaked up most of the extra power and it’s lost the charm of the 800, small exited little puppy type charm :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I agree that 70 ish hp is more than enough for fun. I spent years ragging round on supermotos, but they
    are probably 30kilos lighter as a package.
    I just think its a shame that Ducati couldnt have used the monster lump. Maybe thats deliberate to
    define the model line as a seperate entity.
    Still great looking wee bikes though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I think the Scrambler and 797 Monster lump are the same? They are all Pantah-derived...

upload_2020-5-22_20-41-43.jpeg

it’s even fun on track, in the rain!

• Like Like x 1
  12. yeah I meant the 821. Loads of extra headroom in that.

13. There’s a company in Oz that does a power up kit evidently the torque goes through the roof, power wheelies in 3rd, I was tempted a couple of years ago but as you’ve said Fire that’s not what they are about, and I’ve got the M1200 if I wanted to do that (which I don’t)
    PS anyone want to buy an M1200 it’s too scary for me! :)
    PPS but I’ll be out on it in the morning:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. yeah that’s a Testastretta. Nice bike the 821.

15. Yes I’m loving my scrambler and I kept up with a couple of lads on sports bikes last week no trouble.

upload_2020-5-22_20-52-34.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Best looking 1100 I've seen so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cheers Glen I appreciate that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Some nice looking Scramblers you have there! :cool:
    For me it was the opposite. I had a 998, than an 899 and all I ever saw was arms. The previous owner of this Cafe Racer had turned the mirrors down and, lo and behold, I could see the road behind me! You have to put them exactly in the right position to see something - and to not hit the tank with them when you turn :D
    That nails it for me. As long as you're not going far beyond 100km/h the bike is nicely punchy. Sometimes after reminiscing of my old bikes I think about getting something faster. Then I go for a ride and give it some gas and it actually does push. That testastretta is a work of art :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Easy to re-route under the clock though, just slightly slacken the banjo , twist the fitting down and re-tighten

ECADAF49-FA19-4F5D-80C1-673665973EDA.png

#20 Mark9, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
Do Not Sell My Personal Information