1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Scrambler...or Caballero.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by yellowducmaniac, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Saw a Fantic Caballero 500 scrambler for the first time in the metal today and i have to say they look the proper dogs doodahs,and are pretty competitively priced...Chinese motor has caused a few to question its reliability but TBH out of a choice between the 2 bikes in my thread title it gets my vote! :upyeah:

#1 yellowducmaniac, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Don't dismiss the CCM Spitfire:thinkingface:under £10K one or two secondhand are available at the minute.
    7ab7c45eb123b5a401bac78d008726bf.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice Scrambler up for sale at the moment! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. The only thing I can see immediately is that the Fantic seat height is an inch taller than the 800 Scrambler at 820mm. Andy

5. The motor is chinese, but a proven good one. I believe used in SWM etc, but tickled by fantic when they get them.
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/fantic/caballero-500-scrambler/2019/

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Having had a Scrambler Tracker in the past, I’d get the Fantic.

With a good friend who has the CCM and having also had a deposit on one for a while, I wouldn’t get it and am quite happy to have got my deposit back when I did.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Hmmm... interesting. I have quite fancied aCCM Scrambler for a while it would be good to know why you were glad you didn't buy one. Cheers, Kev.

8. I like Fantic Caballeros they look cool! Not sure about the exposed exhaust header though. At 150kg dry, its not light either.

View attachment fantic-static.jpg

#8 Jez900ie, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  9. The CCM is lovely to look at, but ultimately for me a little too, how shall we say, quirky, and I don't think a very enjoyable ride.

If money was no object I'd happily have one on the wall as a piece of art, but I wouldn't want to ride it.

My mate's CCM and my Z900, the latter ticking all my boxes far more than the CCM could.

CB73B0F5-5AE3-49AA-80DB-C4354B42BA56.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information