1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Technical App, Would You Use It?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Nostromo, Nov 19, 2019.

?
  1. Windows 10

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Android

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Apple Ios

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  4. Windows 8 or lower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hi guys

Just seeing if there would be interest in a technical app, showing bolt sizes torque settings etc in a nice modern visual style.
    And what platform you would use to view the app.

much appreciated.

Nostromo

• Like Like x 2
  2. Great idea. Personally it would be Android and Windows 10 but I can only choose 1. So Android for portable convenience.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I could cater for all by building a xamarin based app, but the quality will drop as it will be just me developing it.
    Ideally I want to build one unique user interface. You could emulate the android app on windows via bluestacks or other similar android emulators.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would use this for non safety critical bolts torque settings and the size info would be a boon.
    On my phone as it’s so convenient. iOS.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Without meaning to throw water on your fire; the workshop manual is pretty much this although its still a bit hieroglyphic so maybe you could differentiate by being clearer?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ^ agree with this but I find it a pain to reach for the manual for all bolts. Having it on phone would be great for these non safety critical bolts I sometimes tend to do by judgement, eg chain runner bolts etc.

7. That’s the idea, to save hunting though you would select a section of the bike, ie rear suspension, select the linkage pivot bolt and all relevant info would be shown.
    Much like the oem parts catalog but with more info, such as aftermarket parts and possibly mods info in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Safety critical data will be the first to go in, directly from Ducati manuals, with references for piece of mind.

9. ^ me being me I would check against the manual (at least the first time) so the reference is a great idea.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sounds like a great source of info to have on my 'phone - Android please!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’m the same, helps me sleep better at night
    FC85D2DC-A6BC-433C-A98D-4515A52EDB79.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 1
  12. Most smart phones can cope with the pdf format of the original manuals.
    Personally, I would go for the original info over stuff ported into an app every time.
    This is just a personal experience thing from working in the maritime industry which has become heavily
    digitised in the last 10 yrs. Dealing with uncontrolled copies of info often causes more hassle than its worth.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Fully understand glen, but this app isn’t for industry, it’s for bike builders and people that like to maintain their machines themselves. Most of the information is available in pdf form, and this is where I will be getting all oem specs etc, the main goal is to make the lookup fast and fluent with info that is not readily available, such as parts that can be used between models or alternatives, and info on mods such as swing arm swaps etc. I want all this info to be in one place not spread across multiple pages or documents.

• Like Like x 3
  14. I'd use Android for my phone or tablet but no Apple OSX? That would be my other preference.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Hi Derek
    OS X opens another development method to contend with, but it looks like Apple will support iOS apps on OS X with project “ catalyst “.

16. I've been a Mac user for years and didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. sounds like an awesome idea! android please and be sure to include the carby ss, 748,749 and monster 620!!! scrambler optional...

• Like Like x 1
  18. 749/999 will be the first bike on the app ;)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information