1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Track Bike Up To £12k

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Richard R, Oct 29, 2018.

1. I'm completely addicted to riding on track and want to swap my road bikes for a dedicated track bike (might buy and old St2,3 or 4 for the road). Currently been taking my 1198s with quick action throttle, and do love it, but I'm concerned about reliability long term, and fancy a QS (and ideally a blipper). Still haven't fully made my mind up if I should buy a £3 to 5k bike so I don't mind as much if I drop it... But I just can't bring myself to go back to an Jap IL4! If there is anyone with a track prep'd 1299 and considering selling, please get in touch.

Cheers,
    Rich.

2. Don't pani's struggle with noise limits??

3. @Nervy was selling a couple of track ex race 899"s

• Like Like x 1
  4. I am in the process of prepping a 959 for sale. It's not quite ready yet but drop me a DM for details. In short it's a Ducati Cup bike with 1100 ish miles, 9k.

5. What are you riding next year Mr Scrawn?

6. Not sure what @Nicky Wilson is doing with his, as I see he’s on the lookout for a gixer 1000... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. I am on the same bike Bob. It's one of the other ones that is for sale. We are only running two 959s next year and Jack is moving onto something else.

8. As @Cream_Revenge mentions, I have an 899 for sale. It’s ace. Let me know if you’d like to know anything further.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Thanks for all the replies... I really do love this forum. Hopefully I may have found an 1199 from a member that will fit the bill.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Been running my 1299 at Snett a few times with stock cans run by No Limits. Although the noise limit was 102dB, my bike was still passed when measured at 107dB. :motorcycleduc::upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Good stuff. Though it was a bit early for you to be passing your on. :)

12. where does the 1098R with the blown motor fit into this?

13. @samieb has a nice Trioptions 899 with some tasty bits

14. That's a separate thing altogether. It happened in summer and I've been burying my head in the sand with it. It's too nice to use as a trackbike amd it's turned into a white elephant! Although I have considered buying the 1198RS engine Riders have for sale for it, but then it would be even more expensive as a track bike... I'm hoping a Panigalis might be more reliable!

15. Glorious, yet short experience I'd wager.....:bomb:

16. Interesting....:thinkingface:

17. Ex-Ducati trioptions is a great way to acquire fully sorted, low mileage, good value machines. I have two (848 & 899) and cannot fault them. End of season usually sees a few on the market.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nicky Wilson is probably still having it rebuilt after the mess he made of it in Assen.... 54B7E789-2E83-4D09-869A-09B8002A0DEB.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information