1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Ducati Track Day At Donnington

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by DavidD, May 31, 2017.

1. Just had another great Ducati organised track day at Donnington and amongst all the exotica new and old, were a few other Diavels - which was nice to see.

Plus managed to get my suspension adjusted by the Ohlins guys there. Pleased with the results.

1RR_5819 copy.JPG 1RR_6592 copy.JPG 1RR_6749 copy.JPG 1RR_60271 copy.jpg 1RR_66951 copy.JPG
    1RR_5665 copy.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bet that was fun they doggy esses :upyeah:

3. don't you ground out?
    I've a regular Diavel and the exhaust touches down - plus pegs of course

PS like the foot down styleeee

4. Oh shit moment ;)

5. Don't kin believe that, I was in rugby yesterday had dinner in Lutterworth at carvery pub just by the roundabout off motorway, anyway was thinking I'd pop in to donny to see if any trackdays on so rang them and looked on website couldn't find anything so came home, why they didn't answer the phone is beyond me...want to be top banana circuit? Not a rant just think it's a bit naff, maybe I didn't check the website properly on my phone who knows, bloody shame I missed a Ducati trackday though.

6. It was a great day.
    What's the website for the images taken on that day?

7. Maybe because the track day was Tuesday ;)

8. I have yet to see them put any up from any of the events to date. Shame really.

9. Not that old chestnut

10. Thanks for the info.
    One of you DavidD , i'm the one front of you.
    Stretch bike covers (1 of 1).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Two more pics i have from a day
    Stretch bike covers (1 of 2).jpg Stretch bike covers (2 of 2).jpg

12. Yes a little bit scary after the fast Starkey's straight!!

The most difficult part was going into Goddards, quite wide but with lots of bikes and the surface is all rippled. Plus it is the first proper left hander while most of the circuit are right hand corners.

Donington_circuit.png

13. Thanks - I think everyone got in front of me!! :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Strangely I can't get the pegs or anything else to ground out - I think it is the foot forward position of the pegs which stops that.

The limiting factor for leaning is that huge rear tyre!! I have worn the edge right away on the right hand side, even scrubbing away the writing o_O The left side is nearly as bad (or good depending on your viewpoint :)). Either way I now need new tyres as they are shredded.

To make the bike turn, I really had to counter steer and weight the relevant foot peg. The feet down bit was either me trying to slow down, or keeping the bike at a decent angle. I'm probably too much of an off-road rider to make decent progress on the track. :confused:

#14 DavidD, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  15. Ducati UK organise it every year at the same time - Tuesday after the last Bank Holiday in May - the weekend after the WSB race at Donnington. Most of the Ducati Dealers are there and you have to have an invite from one of them, though you may be able to get in directly through Ducati UK. Speak to your Dealer about Feb/March time and if they are going, they should be able to get you a place.

From memory it was about £189 (if you take your own Ducati) for a full day on the track, including breakfast and lunch with about 5 half hour sessions - more than enough to knacker you out and have fun. It is run by the California Superbike School with fast, intermediate and slower groups. Though there were some very quick riders in the slower group, including Glenn Irwin from the Ducati BSB Team getting some track time at the end of the day!!

You can also rent 1299 or 959 Panigale's and 1200 Monsters - the price depends on the bike. You have to pay for the first £1000 of any damage if you bin it, which some people managed to do :astonished: You can just imagine the conversation when they got home!! :mad:

Definitely worth planning for and a great day out, made better as the rain held off all day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You can book direct via CSS normally. I rented an 899 a couple of years ago and had a hoot in the fast group on road tyres :upyeah:

17. http://www.picman.co.uk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information