1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Trioptions Cup Returns For Seventh Successive Season

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Apr 7, 2016.

• Ducati TriOptions continues into seventh consecutive season
    • Three riders still competing from original 2010 Silverstone grid
    • 37 riders registered for 2016 Championship
    • Father and son to compete for the first time in a BSB support race

Round 1 of the Ducati TriOptions Cup, the premier one-make race series for the 2016 British Superbike Championship takes place this weekend at Silverstone Circuit In 2010 the same circuit hosted the debut race of this one-make championship, the series then known as the 848 Challenge and has grown from a grid in the first year of 12 to an entry list today of 37 riders.

Of the 12 riders that formed the first ever grid in 2010, three are still part of the championship, Leon Morris (Carl Cox Motorsport/P&H Motorcycles), last year’s runner up and 2011 Champion, Mark Cheetham (Highsparks Motorsport) and Peter Hasler (AOR/ZERO) who has arguably completed more races than any other current rider. Hasler will also be competing against his son Danny Huskinson – a first for a support race of BSB. Leon Morris will again be one of the favourites for the championship, along with last year’s winner Robbie Brown (Boast Plumbing). Brown is joined in the team by Jonathan Railton who returns from a stint in Superstock and will be looking to his 2013 form which took him to runner-up spot in the 848 Challenge. Others to look out for will be Rob Guiver (Hyside Motorcycles), who but for some unfortunate incidents last year, could well have taken the title and South African Phillip Atkinson (Highsparks Motorsport) who had a strong second half of last season.

10 new entrants join the Cup this season including, German rider, Florian Neubauer (Be Faster Racing), Steph Waddelow (Highsparks Motorsport), Mark Maskell who joins the ex-servicemen team of True Heroes Racing, Loris King (RK Corse), Danny Huskinson (AOR/ZERO), Jake Mason (Hyside Motorcycles/Jimmy Mann Racing), Stephen Palmer (FDR Racing), Tom Rawsthorne (JWH Motorsport) and Adam Foster (FS Racing) who along with his team mate Taryn Skinner will be looking to make their mark as the local boys from Northampton.

Schedule:

Friday 16.45 – 17.05 Free Practice
    Saturday 09.00 – 09.20 Qualifying

14.10 Race 1 (8 laps)

Sunday 11.10 Race 2 (8 laps)

1. Still running 899 or have they opted for the 959

2. What about a shout out for our very own Nicky Wilson ? Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Whats the chance this late in the day to get tickets? Quite fancy taking the boy along to watch.

4. Pay on the gate, I know its a few quid more but I may be doing the same

5. Do you know the prices?

6. Thanks, i was being lazy :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Haha.. no worries.. I am going on the bike (weather permitting) will drive if raining as live very local.. should be a good day out

8. Just have to convince the wife now it is a better day out for the family than me spending the day boarding out our loft.

• Like Like x 1
  9. They are still using the 899 panigale cos the 959 looks [emoji90]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information