1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Trioptions Rumour

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by tyke65, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Not sure how real this is but I heard this week that John McGuinness has purchased a V2 and is entering this years TriOptions
    Could all be smoke and mirrors and just for publicity, suppose we’ll have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Be good if he does though I fear he could be a bit of a target.

3. Yes, wasn’t something announced a week or two ago?

4. He's not likely to be competitive on short circuit though.

5. I think Jimmy Buchanan is entering as well. I hope they have plenty of spare fairings. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. He is. I hope he also has a few spare headstock frames too ;). Someone for @Spence to race :upyeah:

7. Jimmy is a really nice lad and a character I hope he does well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. He is. He has loads of trackdays this year with his company!

• Like Like x 1
  9. McPint said he was seriously considering it, when we visited St Annes Lowther Pavillion night a few weeks.

10. He may need to loose some weight, hate to say it but he just isn’t looking fit, and with the same horsepower there are going to be kids out there that weigh half as much

11. John used to be competitive on short circuit.

to be honest ‘most’ of the roads boys only use it for seat time.
    Be great character to have in the paddock anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. He’s bike fit though. Spends all his time pretty much riding one of some kind. He just can’t run up 10 flights of stairs ;)

13. Stuart Higgs conformed today that he is going to be doing it, that’s pretty cool, I stand by what I said, I think he will struggle at the fast circuits but I think he can still run top 5

14. But he'll be 48.

15. In 2021 by the looks

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. He'll still be a pro racer among a lot of talented amateurs. :)

17. Somebody should tell Jeremy Mcwilliams and bruce Ansty that, in their fiftys and still winning :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information