1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Turnover And Sales Continue To Grow

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Mar 15, 2017.

• The year's financial data presented at the AUDI AG annual press conference
    • 55,451 motorcycles sold and € 731 million turnover for Ducati in 2016
    • Claudio Domenicali, CEO of Ducati Motor Holding: "Solid growth once again demonstrates the effectiveness of our strategy
    Borgo Panigale, Bologna (IT) / Ingolstadt (DE), 15 March 2017 – The year 2016 was another positive year for Ducati: the motorcycle manufacturer delivered 55,451 motorcycles to customers all over the world thus recording an increase in sales for the seventh consecutive year (+1.2%; 642 more motorcycles than in 2015). The result translates into a turnover of € 731 million, with an increase of 4.1% compared to 2015 (€ 702 million). At the end of fiscal year 2016, Ducati also contributed an operating result of € 51 million (2015: € 54 million) and an operating margin of 7% to the Audi Group.

Held at AUDI AG headquarters in Ingolstadt, the annual press conference illustrated the financial data for fiscal year 2016 of the Audi Group of which Ducati represents the motorcycle segment.

The continuous evolution of our range, both in terms of quality and technology, the constant development of our dealer network and the effectiveness of a strategy based on investments aimed at the products, the quality and the customers, have enabled the company to continue on its growth curve,” declared Claudio Domenicali, Chief Executive Officer of Ducati Motor Holding. “This allows us to look to the future with optimism, knowing that we are heading in the right direction.

Ducati continues its profitable growth trend,” commented André Stoffels, Chief Financial Officer at Ducati Motor Holding. “During 2016 we further consolidated the positive results of the previous years. The company is continuing to invest in new technologies and in new products. For these reasons, we shall be able to continue to register constant growth both in terms of turnover and profits.

European markets have made a significant contribution to achieving this result, many of them reporting double-digit growth. In Italy sales have risen by 20%, while in Spain sales rose by 38%. The number of motorcycles delivered in Germany increased by 8% compared with the previous year.

The United States confirms its position as Ducati's number one market, reaching a quota of 8,787 motorcycles delivered to customers. Among the non-European markets, the significant performance of the brand in China, where Ducati doubled the previous year’s result (+120%), is notable. Motorcycles sold in Brazil increased by 36% and by 215% in Argentina.

2017 has seen the launch of seven new models: the 1299 Superleggera, the Ducati SuperSport, the Multistrada 950, the Monster 797, Monster 1200 and two new versions of the Ducati Scrambler - Scrambler Café Racer and Scrambler Desert Sled.

Today, Ducati boasts a total of 1,558 employees, compared to 1,197 in 2012, registering an increase of 30% in new hirings over the past four years. The sales network of the Bologna-based motorcycle manufacturer now has more than 780 dealers in over 90 countries.

1. Strange, results with no profit? What is turnover & sales volume without it :)
    Ferrari remained exclusive by capping production numbers and their profitability went up - Ducati may be turning Japanese :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Agreed - though I read the "operating result" as the profit. You're right, exclusivity is dropping.

3. PB magazine just stated 54m euro profit (although I think the 51m figure (operating result) you mentioned is correct as 2015 was 54m - think they read the wrong figure perhaps.
    That means 2 things (well more but only 2 here)
    They manufactured many more bikes in 2016 which should have sweated their assets but had a reduction in profit, either creative accounting or a large investment for the V4.
    A mere 7% drop in sales price (trade to the dealers) would only have them breaking even.

4. Once Audi became involved exclusivity was always going to disappear as they chased the volume market.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I do hope they're not going all Jap on us...

Unfortunately I share the same feeling here... Exclusivity does appear to be slipping in a negative direction :/

My intention is to hopefully steadily grow the stable inventory with pre-Panigale marques, once my shares start maturing and the Oil Industry picks up a bit more adding a new member every second winter should be achievable :) Added bonus being that the marques from this era will only continue in becoming more exclusive and hopefully provide a relatively safe haven for the money invested :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. €50m is pretty small beer for all that work but the maybe €35k profit per employee is actually pretty good in motorcycle manufacturing. The extra staff are no doubt the reason that profitability didn't take off.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information