1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati Uk Abysmal Service So Far

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JohnR, May 16, 2017.

1. I would never normally complain about anything on a forum, but the service at present from Ducati Uk is so poor I am speechless. My bike has been with the dealer for 4 weeks now which by any means is rather a long time, my dealer has repeatedly rang and left voice mail messages and emailed on numerous occasions Ducati Uk warranty manager over the last 7 days and have not had a reply.
    Surely 7 days with out any reply is beyond a joke.
    I can almost understand a bit if it was me ringing and left messages and got no reply, but for a main Ducati dealer to get no reply after 7 days beggars belief.
    Come on DUCATI UK pull your finger out and get some credibility back please.

2. Have you considered that the person responsible could be on holiday?

3. As the main guy from ducati-uk does read the site, one would hope the problem resolves quickly for a channel of communication to open up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. One would hope that the dealer would know more than one person at Ducati uk unless Ducati uk is one man band.

Sound like dealer should be doing a touch more pro activity if you ask me

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I agree. But if they have just focused on one person then that could be the case. The OP's beef really should be with the dealership as that's who he had a contract with and who took his money.

6. Normally in business the situation if anyone is on holiday there email is replied by I am on holiday till such a date please contact so and so in my absence. I run my own business and its common to do this, and the obvious thing to do.
    Anyway the person is not on holiday, so that's not an excuse to be used.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Which is wot i said guv

8. How do you know that. ? Is there more detail to the story?

9. I agree with El Toro on this one, and hold the dealer responsible. I was unfortunate enough to need a few repairs on my 821 and my dealer, Millsport Ducati in Ballymoney, put a priority order in for the parts and had my bike back on the road after a week, so if one dealer can get the parts delivered to Northern Ireland within a few days, surely a mainland dealer should be able to get them just as quick, if not sooner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. No there's not really more to the story, that's the issue really, not on holiday and no reply. Oh well we will see how things go tomorrow.

11. They do seem to take forever to call you back.

I've had a number of occasions when they've said they will and haven't at all.

Bit of a shame really.

12. I don't follow. If he has not replied how do you know he is not in holiday. Someone must have given that info to you?

13. I must admit, the aftersales service I've received has been shocking. For a problem that shouldn't be happening these days and a simple enough one to fix imho. I feel like they just want to clear off until its new bike time then they'll be all over me. As much as I love this bike, I do, its perfect for me, I won't buy another Ducati if and when I get another bike. I won't even go back to the dealer I bought it from for servicing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. A Ducati is a premium product.... owners should get a premium service. They aren't cheap and we often spend more money than we should! Dealers and Ducati should know that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. If i find out someone has gone on holiday and nobody else in the office is picking up their emails (and hence missing mine) that's when i go elsewhere to another company. Admittedly here that can't happen as the op is tied in but being on holiday/missed emails is a poor excuse.

16. unless a one man band operation, not replying to phone calls and Emails for 7 days because someone is on holiday is no excuse Terry, what sort of tin-pot company would behave like that?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. out of office auto-replies are the norm these days, aren't they?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. There should be at least another person capable of dealing with this when another is on holiday
    Bloody crazy in this day and age

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I just think it's a poor excuse when it's blamed on a person on holiday
    A manger that runs a business should know everything about it and deal with it in the absence

20. Although we dont know how he knows,OP has stated that the person is NOT on holiday so there must be another reason/more detail as to why a reply has not been received.

It would appear that the contact may be via a dealer-what has the dealer told you? And what has the dealer done about it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information