1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati UK track days announced in association with California Superbike School

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Feb 22, 2014.

1. This is just a cut and paste of the press release, but i'll get something up on the news page when I get back home. Note these are with California Superbike school and dont seem to mention FE anywhere

Ducati UK will host two track days on the full circuits of both Silverstone and Donington Park this summer. The track events are in association with Ducati’s new partner, California Superbike School, who will be there to provide expert tips and guidance as well as monitor track activity.

The first track day on May 27 will take place at the famous Donington Park Circuit, scene of Ducati’s first ever World Superbike win. Here Ducati UK will welcome Ducati Team Superbike riders, Chaz Davies and Davide Giugliano along with Ducati Corse’s Ernesto Marinelli. Participants at Donington Park will have the chance to meet the riders and talk to Ernesto Marinelli, gaining a real insight from those at the heart of the Ducati Panigale World Superbike programme.

Both the Donington Park and Silverstone track days will be ‘noisy’ (105db) days and will take place on the full GP circuits priced at £165. Breakfast and lunch is included in the price at Donington Park and at Silverstone there will be a £10 food voucher for use at the Paddock Café on site.

A unique feature for this year’s track days will be the chance to hire a Ducati to ride on track. If you don’t want to take your own pride and joy on track or would like to test ride a Ducati in a controlled environment then there is an opportunity to hire the new Monster 1200, the acclaimed 899 Panigale or the flagship 1199 Panigale.

The new 135hp Monster 1200 features the 1198 11° Testastretta engine, the versatility of three riding modes and the Ducati Safety Pack (Ducati Traction Control and ABS) and can be hired for £249 for the day.*

The acclaimed 899 Panigale delivers the 145hp from the superquadro engine with incredible lightness and agility and features Ducati Traction Control (DTC) riding modes and Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) and can be hired for the day for £269.*

The supreme 1199 Panigale is also available to hire, the stunning 1199 Panigale oozes performance appeal with a 195hp from the superquadro engine. Also featuring DTC, ABS, DQS and riding modes the 1199 Panigale will be available to hire for £349 for the day.*

*Price of hire includes fuel and tyre usage. A £1,000 returnable damage deposit is required. Costs are limited to repairs, only if required. Session only prices on application.

There will be a number of Ducati dealers attending, bringing technical support as well as members of the Ducati UK team hosting the day.

To book your track day or to hire a bike, please contact Lynn at Superbike School. Call: 08700 671 061 or email: [email protected]. Alternatively the track days can be booked through your local dealerhttp://www.ducatiuk.com/find_dealers/index.do

2. I don't think I could trust myself with a Hired Panigale on the track.......nice thought though.

3. Are wets included in the admission price this year Matt??!!

:wink:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Its always wet there on ducati day matt!
    Can I still come on the v4?
    It is still Italian!

5. I just thought it was worth repeating... :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  6. After last year I'm gonna wait right up until the end to book

7. Altho its painted like one, mine isnt. :wink:

8. around 180 hp isn't…...:wink:

9. Personally, I'd love to see you there on a bike this time and not wandering around in a woolly hat, but I don't think its up to me :tongue:

10. That'll do for me then, I'll just mention your name!

• Like Like x 1
  11. What you gonna point and say " I'm with that dick over there" :biggrin:

12. Hey if it works, dont knock it :tongue:

13. Can we just turn up and watch other people who know what they are doing?

14. Yep. Assuming DUK don't lose the plot again this year and try and charge an entry fee..

15. I see they have got rid of FE - hooray! The CSS bunch are a good lot. The last Ducati day was a shambles - when it was obvious they weren't going to sell it, they flooded it with open entries from the madding hordes - and never even told anyone!

Will book up again and hope the weather is better than the last few years. The two day one a few years back was my first track day and it was great. Has never quite been the same since.... fingers crossed this year.

16. Yeah the Brands day was terrible. I think DUK were very pleased with the way the Donnington day went, but yeah Brands saw an end to that relationship. No loss, although having Neil Hodgson is always kinda cool :tongue:

17. Just booked Silverstone on the 31st. Not enamoured by the 7 am registration so probably going to look at accomodation for the night before. Any reccommendations ? Andy

18. Was great to speak to Checa last year at the DUK trackday..

Said no-one :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  19. although Ernesto was genuinely quite open and good to listen to….

• Like Like x 1
  20. I was far more excited at the prospect of being on track with Checa TBH I wasn't really that interested in listening to talks.

So as I don't really do Italian food I paid £175 for a bacon butty a very small amount of lunch, but I did try to drink £175 worth of coffee.

Cant blame anyone for the weather, if it was a couple of days previous it would have been scorchio.

Was almost tempted to do the Brands one later in the year but so glad I didn't.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information