1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4 2nd Hand Prices Looking Sharp

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Scott21, Jul 13, 2018.

1. so looking on EBay and seeing a couple coming up now and all ready starting to see prices drop. 4K below retail with a bike only doing 500mile.

2. That's £8 per mile it's cost them.

What goes on in some peoples heads?

Oh well, it'll help a real rider get onto one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Probably rode it and shat himself.

Talking to a dealer last week, a lot come in and put a deposit down and then find they cannot afford it when the bike arrives.

I guess some find the costs are too extreme once they take delivery too.

Having ridden one last week, I am still of the opinion that it really is too much for a road bike. It really is insanely quick. I know the throttle goes both ways but being able to resist that warp factor 5 with every opportunity is impossible to resist.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I've never understood the whole new bike thing. I prefer to let someone else blow their brains in and I'll buy a decent 2nd hand example when the market has bottomed out. It's worked this far.* :upyeah:Why would anybody sell a bike within a few months of buying it new? Madness! o_O

* Apart from my LC where I missed the boat completley, placed a Purdey in my mouth and gave it both barrels a couple of years ago. I really wanted one and prices were heading north at a rate of knots. :( But financially it'll work out OK, just would have been a lot better had I done it 5 years ago. :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ive been looking at a base 1299 there a good price at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  6. coz they is ugly

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. V4 or 1299 base? :thinkingface:

8. Both

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Fair do's :upyeah:

10. Had a ride on a V4 today really impressed I will have one next year by then all the bugs will be sorted and there be some low mileage bikes for sale

11. its like beauty and the beast, speciale paint job in needed to remove the vfr750/nr750 plastic look!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. You can't rule out speculating, what if the seller bought it thinking/hoping it would appreciate in a short space of time? It's happened before, the mini was the most memorable with the new shape you could run it 6 months and still make brass, the tt too, the v4 had such a fanfare it would have tempted speculators I imagine, when it doesn't work it's stupid when it does its inspired....supply and demand.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Anybody thinking they are going to make money by speculating on a new Ducati that isn't some kind of special edition needs their head looking at imo. :rolleyes:

Oh and if anybody bought one purely to try and make money because someone didn't want to wait for one. Then f**k em' they deserve what they got. :)

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Agree fella but nowt funnier than folk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Given the location of the V4S for £20,750 with 500 miles on eBay, it is more likely that it is a pissed off owner getting rid. There was somebody from that vicinity complaining on ducati1299.com that this (V4S) would be his first and last Ducati...

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Probably because no one can insure one for less than a grand!! And they keep going back to the dealer.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. As far as I know, when prices drop, they are said to "soften"; if prices rise, they get "firmer" or "sharper". This thread seems to say the opposite. So which is it?

18. I think if everybody had the opportunity on this forum to test ride one for the weekend on the road and track they would probably buy one:thinkingface:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. we all have our own opinions, but imo the v4 took a backwards step with the design.
    I did have the v4 on an extended test ride, i decided to keep the 1199. (and buy a tuono factory for shits and giggles)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. As said above I think a lot of people who ordered them did so without realising what the insurance was going to be. In all fairness the insurance companies didn't know either at the time. There have been figures of well over a grand, even knocking two grand, and these are for well seasoned riders with clean licenses and good postcodes. Even if you're able to afford the price of bike doesn't mean you can afford or more sensibly want to afford the cost of the insurance.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information