1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducatipaso.org

Discussion in 'Ducati Paso' started by Unclejohn, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Hello. I am only an infrequent visitor here so I hope you don't mind the question I'm asking.
    Does anyone know what happenned to the Ducatipaso.org web site?
    The one Ducati I own at present is a 907ie which I am (very) slowly getting in to road-worthy condition.
    I got a lot of information from the Paso site (and gave help where I could) but now the forums have gone to some sort of error code ie. http://forums.ducatipaso.org/viewforum.php?f=3
    Can I hope to learn stuff about my 907 on this site, perchance?

Thanks for reading.

2. I go on there a fair bit and have had 907 for 12+ years. It's looking like the site has closed. It's been down for about a month and I tried to email Mike the honcho a couple of weeks back but my email didn't get through. Shame if its gone as it's a great site with an international following of some very knowledgeable dedicated owners.

3. Do you know I there is anyway to get hold of some of that data? Im sure it would be helpful to have as much information from there on here for other owners

4. yes, a great shame if it's gone for good as not only was it packed with dedicated Paso and early belt 900SS Technical information but it had a whole community of interesting characters on there - Gerhard comes to mind. Another regular on the Paso site - Hamish from N.Z. found this one a while ago and may pop up and add something soon.

5. Yes I've heard the 907 isn't a paso debate and can't be bothered with it. The 907 is the final version of the range where Ducati finally sorted out the problems the earlier(750 and 906 paso) bikes had by fitting 17" wheels and efi to replace the weber carb(along with better brakes). Then typical of ducati, they stopped making them.
    Not many owners will say their bikes are anything special, except amongst themselves. They are one of the heaviest bikes Ducati have made, the handling is slow but predictable, the motor, a 2V watercooled is a 904cc version of what became the ST2 engine so nothing special there either. They are a reliable, practical sports tourer with styling that some people love but a lot of people don't. But being quite rare and different they attract a bit of attention with the solid screen and jellymould bodywork. Being one of the undesirable Ducati's has its plus side, they are cheap, £2k gets a mint low miles 907 but they were half that when I bought this(my 2nd 907) in 2007.
    Cheers Keith.

907 001.jpg

907 001.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. The Site is/was run by Mike in USA. That's all I know. The homepage still exists and a contact address but when I emailed that the postmaster say no.

7. Thank you to everyone for those replies. I am hoping that somebody who 'knows' about the site will be able to give a definitve answer at some point.
    'Real' Paso or not, there was a mine of information on that site. I hope it isn't lost for ever and I wish I had a clue as to how the info' could/would be transferred here.
    I won't have time to resume work on the 907 until next summer, so maybe there will be a resolution to the Paso.org issue by then.
    Heres hoping.

8. Hello there, I`m currently registering to different Duc forums just to find some of you guys. As you`ve noticed the forum has been down for a while which has two reasons. The initial one being a technical issue. Like many other pages and forums the Paso forum was a target of spammers and other (idiots). The other problem is that the admin is quitting due to personal reasons and a transition is ongoing.
    The mods can`t fix the technical issues due to missing admin rights but we will do whatever we can to carry it on. Meaning a change in management is ongoing. How long this will take its not in our hands at the moment but the forum will be back. Just can´t tell exactly when.

G.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Thank you 'G' - it's a start. I can't think of a better person to inherit the site. :upyeah:

10. Hope it all turns out well. Never like to hear of forums closing down

11. The 907ie was a Paso. If it wasn't, what else would you call it?

It was also a great bike. Comfy, but you could have plenty of fun in the corners and the grunty motor pulled really well between them. It was perfect for just rolling off the throttle, letting the engine do the braking, and then banging it open again. A few more horses would have been nice on long trips, but I did a lot of those on mine and loved it.

There a feel-good factor to great bikes and the Paso and 907 had it in spades. Unintimidating to ride, you could chill out more without feeling you were participating in a grands prix, but when you wanted to get a move on over distance, it delivered. I'd love another new one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Great to hear the site should be back. Thanks for the update G.

Cheers, Keith.

13. Thanks for the update Gerhard. Good to hear that things are happening to get Ducatipaso.org back online. It has been a valuable resource for Paso (inc. 907ie) and Sport owners.

14. Ducatipaso is a friendly, useful site.

15. You are NOT wrong there :upyeah:

Thanks for your persistence G.
    I look forward to the Paso site living again some day.

16. Thank you G. I am very excited to hear that the site will be back up. I cant tell you how much you all have helped me fix and mantain my Paso. I appreciate everything that you are doing. God bless, and I look forward to seeing the site back up!
    Warm regards, Paul Mozzi

17. gliddofglood - perfect description of 907ie ownership. A lovely bike full of character , which had the audacity to look "different".

18. Hi,
    I'm glad that I have been able to track down some information about the Paso forum.
    It was a fantastic site for information and advice etc and hopefully it will be back up and running again.
    If any one has updated I would be grateful to receive more info.
    Cheers Chaps

19. You know you just described the 999 as well :upyeah:

20. Got one of those.

I suspect this is saying something about me - but I'm not sure what.
    I like strange-looking dogs too - bulldogs, basset hounds.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information