1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati's In The Movies...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by DucatiChic, Feb 27, 2015.

1. I was watching Tron earlier (besides him being sexy, had to see the bike scene) which got me thinking of all the times Ducati has been in a movie. I'll start the list with my favorites and others csn add to it...

#1 Tron
    #2 The Italian Job
    #3 The Expendables
    #4 Speed 2: Cruise Control
    #5 Fast 5 (love her attitude too!)
    #6 Matrix Reloaded
    #7 Blade II
    #8 Taxi
    #9 Freaky Friday
    #10 Exit Wounds

I didn't know about the movie "Fled" till my ex showed it to me one time. Both Fled and Speed 2 drive me crazy for what they do to those poor Duc's...should be a crime!!!

Ok...who else can add to this list? :cool:

2. It's not a film but a tv series
    Arrow uses one and he is fit

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mission impossible is the one that sticks in my mind and another Film with Cruise, Knight & Day.

5. Jason Statham had a D16RR in one of his many films, can't think what it was called.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ^^^ The expendables I think as below was mentioned on Youtube

"2008 Ducati Desmosedici #1147 of 1500. The actual bike that was in the movie "The Expendables" and was personally owned by Jason Statham. Improvements: DMP Rear Turn Signals"

• Like Like x 1
  7. dont forget kickass 2. hit girl cruises round on her purple panigale

kickass2-5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I havent seen Fled for ages, but if i remember rightly, isnt that the one where they dubbed over the lovely V-twin noise with some high rev`ing 4 cylinder bike instead and have it changing gears every 2 seconds?

9. Fled was actually hysterical for the bike chase, where a truck with about 60bhp was keeping up with the bikes being pinned.

10. There was a good article in Ducati's Redline magazine earlier this year that had a whole load of them in...

redline.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Antonye: Do you know if it was January issue? I'd love to read it.

12. Wall Street - Money Never Sleeps ( Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010) - IMDb )

utter rubbish compared to the original Wall Street, but includes several minutes for a completely unnecessary race on Ducatis about half way through, if I remember rightly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Recidivist: Agreed on utter rubbish. Preferred the original.

14. Not a movie but a tv show. Holby City and the ginger doc Jack Nailer , strange girl, used to ride a 1098 into work .

15. It says "01/2014" on it.
    Not sure if you can still get it through a dealer but try their App as you should be able to get it on there.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. That witchcraft film a few years ago... The covenant, or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ChrisW....awesome clip, thanks for posting! I forgot about 'I am Number 4' THAT MOVIE ROCKED! *laughs* Hot chic on a hot bike, doesn't get better than that. Favorite line from that movie... "Red Bull is for pussies" :punch: :Woot:

18. Bettes: The Covenant! *laughs* See my mind is going with old age! That movie was sweet too but I'm a sucker for blondes (Taylor Kitsch before Lone Survivor, Battleship and Savages)...some nice affects too. I'd like to stop being such a girl and ride when it raines but I admit I would sob like a baby if my bike(s) ever went down. Just an inner fear, just like I don't ride in snow. I know there are people who say there is "never a bad riding day, just bad riding gear"...I am NOT that much of a die-hard. I'd say I am a fair-weather rider for sure. I know too many people who have bit the dust, most got up but some did not. I got 2 teenage boys, I need to stick around for a while. Snow is crazy to ride in...ESPECIALLY where I live. Tourists are bad enough on the road when you have an SUV, a bike would be suicide in the mountains here. I digress... thanks for reminding me of The Covenant...I plan to watch that and the Expendables this weekend while studying for mid-terms and staying in out of the snow. We have been getting hammered all week in Colorado and suppose to more this weekend.

Though I have to say I am REALLY hoping to travel to Austin (Texas) for the 2nd week in April. Ducati is going to be there and its an opportunity to mingle and make good business contacts.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Knight and day...one of the reasons i own a hyper....

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information