1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duel Bike Policy

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Thelord, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Only ever owning one bike in the UK I have never had to cross this bridge. I have been looking for duel/multibike polices but I can't find anything. Do you have to start a new policy for your second bike and I take it your can't use your no claims on it because they are in use on another policy.

2. Some companies will add a bike mid policy. Hastings did for me, and it cost very little as they used the dearer bike as my primary policy then added the second bike for £25, when I exclaimed how cheap that was, the bloke said "you can only ride one at once mate" which was a very refreshing attitude. He said, if I added more bikes, it would be the same, with the dearest bike the primary, then others added.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Yes, you may already be on a policy that is dual bike - most are. Some will sting you, some wont as above :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I've never found a search engine that works and have had to phone them up. I'm with Motorcycle Direct. Ducati insurance is surprisingly competitive. Carole Nash does multibike.

Go old skool and get on the phone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Thanks all for your responses I will get on the phone.

6. ive got my two bikes with bemoto.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. I've got my two insured with DMC Insurance.

8. Might be off-track, but I insure my two cars (and house etc.) with LV. When renewing, I had to contact them directly, as they had recorded full NCD against both vehicles, as I understood I could only claim NCD against one. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that they automatically recorded the greater NCD against both cars! Perhaps they might do that for you?
    (They weren't competitive for my only bike, tho')

9. bemoto here, insured my second bike for £10.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Check out Cornmarket Insurance too.

11. I used Prinipal when I got my second bike. They mirrored my NCB no issues.

12. Cheers gents :upyeah:

13. Got all 4 of mine on BeMoto. They were really good. Came in about 200 quid under MCE.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. BeMoto sorted my three bikes out well cheaper, even with their Titanium cover which includes RAC breakdown cover.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information