1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dyson Pulls Plug On Electric Car Project

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Oct 10, 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. Probably. Imagine what would happen to Tesla if US Govt took all his subsidies?!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. He's pushing to reinvent that market as the premier choice of batteries for EV's int he future but Musk is well ahead of him on that front.

Nope Dyson is just a horrible little creature I'm afraid, there's an insidious undercurrent about him underlying that gentleman inventor veneer. His staff in the automotive side were mainly sub contractors so they'll all look to jaguar and Aston when they pick up I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I know of a few who left JLR to work for him - met him many times, he's not a nice fella at all.
    What you see on the documentary of his office door being open to everyone is in fact the polar opposite. He walks in to the Malmesbury office in a morning and doesn't say good morning to anyone including the girls on reception. I've been boozing with his son, Sam, who never bought a drink as all his (colleague) entourage stumped up - until I told him to get his hand in his pocket that is :blush:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. And his hoovers suck :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. changed his mind did he? i guess he just needed to beleive more

• Like Like x 1
  6. I know. He's full on arsehole. A leading chief engineer level chap I used to work with was hired by him to consult on his electric car. In the first day he ripped his whole design apart, and told Dyson that the car was compromised in so many areas he'd need to start over again. He left after four days as it was like talking to a brick wall, realising he'd been employed essentially to just agree with whatever the cyclonic arsehole wanted.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Why does the title of this thread contain ‘Suspension’. Autocorrect?

8. Nobody knows :thinkingface:

9. It is. I have just noticed and amended. Pretty sure it was ok to start?! But... it too 4 goes to get my phone to allow me to use dyson !

10. Do you need a current licence to drive an electric car? Asking on behalf of a friend.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. If it’s anything like his shit hoovers then I’d say not as my mrs keeps smashing the skirting board with her hoover.

12. Maybe he is shy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Apparently if you use the term Hoover he goes mad, you have to use vacuum.
    I’ve a cordless and wired Dyson Hoover and make a point of calling them that when you call their support. Drop the word Hoover and listen to them gently correct you to vacuum.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information