1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ear Buds Recommendation Appreciated

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Aug 4, 2019.

1. I would like to listen to the voice commands on Google maps via Bluetooth earbuds whilst wearing my crash helmet.

I already have a dedicated- fixed to one of my helmets setup, which works well, but that comes with a boom microphone which I never use, so I thought I would give some earbuds a try.

I don't listen to music whilst I'm riding, I always wear foam earplugs to attenuate the wind noise.

I just want to hear the voice commands when I use a mapping app.

I would appreciate any recommendations.

Cheers.

2. Shure SE215’s wired earphones connected to a cheapo eBay Bluetooth adapter. Worked great for me for ages til I got a interphone thing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Bose QC in ear work very well IF you can keep them in your ears whilst getting helmet on.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. A mate of mine, sadly no longer alive, swore by Comply tips used with regular earbuds. They fit many brands/models of earbuds, their website has a compatibility wizard, would assume that some Bluetooth earbuds would be on there. Only issue is getting your helmet on without dislodging them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. The Shure ones wire has a bendy Kevlar bit that go over the top of your ear and have squidgy tips like ear defenders...ymmv but dislodging them was never an issue for me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I made my own custom molded earphones. I bought a pair of small profile earbuds and a silicone earplug kit off ebay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. There’s a whole thread on it, from which I bought a set of bids and a small BT connector. Not used much yet but, with flip front lid, rock solid in the ears

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thanks Paul
    I'll trawl through and see if I can find anything for me.

9. I bought the yellow wired blue buds, fit really well

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information