1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early Bath For Iannone. Hernandez Finishes 11th

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Crash-fest

The Phillip Island GP was characterized by a high number of crashes, which unfortunately Andrea Iannone was author of one too. After a never ending fight Yonny Hernandez finished eleventh.
    It was a dammed race for Andrea Iannone. A Race that lasted only a few laps. Andrea was the author of a good start but in a contact with Crutchlow at the first corner lost positions ending in eleventh place. TheItalian rider tried a comeback but on the sixth lap he involved the innocent and Pedrosa in a a contact and crashed landing hard on his hip. Andrea is very sorry for yet another weekend that ended in a bad way and hopes that the last two events of the year can bring satisfaction.
    Yonny Hernandez made a good start and gaining four ending up in fourteenth place. Thanks to his determination and a couple of crashes of the opponents Yonny was able to go up to ninth place. The Colombian rider fought from start to finish with Bautista, Barbera and Redding. Unlucky shortly after mid-race he was forced to slow down his the pace for the sudden and unexpected drop of grip in the rear tire and crossed the finish line eleventh. A missed opportunity for Yonny that without the problem he would have been able to end in a better position.
    Andrea Iannone (Pramac Racing)
    “I started very well but because of a contact with another rider I went wide at the first corner and I lost a lot of positions. Unfortunately when you are forced to a come back you must take more risks. The crash was caused not only by me be braking very hard but also due to the first gear not shifting in. I’m sorry I didn’t finish the race and I’m also sorry for stopping Pedrosa race.”
    Yonny Hernandez (EnergyT.I. Pramac Racing)
    “I felt very good, in the first part of the race the fighting with the group was very tough but once I had the track clear i was tenth and I could push harder, unfortunately halfway through the race the rear tire drastically and unexpectedly lost grip, in the last five laps it felt like riding on ice. We have to analyze the data and understand what happened, we will involve Bridgestone also in the analysis.

Read the whole post here.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information