1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early Hyper Gripes. What’s Yours?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Felstmiester, Sep 15, 2020.

1. While my engines being rebuilt and the bikes in the garage in bits I’m trying to go through the bits that I don’t like. I hate the fuel cap! On a bike I just don’t see the point having to mess about with a locking cap. Find it a pain in the arse. What options are out there? I’ve looked and can only find other locking ones, covers, or ones that have a thing that goes on a key ring to unlock it. Also although it doesn’t get used like the fronts I find the back brake lacks the bite/feel compared to other bikes I’ve had. Mines got standard disc and ebc pads. I’ll go for a wavey and put up with the embarrassment if I have to, but apart from saving maybe a bit of weight I can’t see the benefit on a road bike. Chain and sprocket kits. I find the Standard set up reasonably unnecessary and ugly. Are the quick release renthal carriers worth it? And also is it worth dropping to a 520 chain? ( I’m not going to be doing loads of mileage)
    Finally. Has anyone tried a 180/60 rear tyre? I’m thinking on a bike like this it would compliment the gearing a bit, especially if going a couple of teeth up on rear sprocket but more so the turn in.

2. Petrol cap: Definately prefer locking...it only takes some scroaty cunt whoose jealous of what youve got to pop a lit match in there....

Discs: PFM discs all the way for me...reasons: simple, no bobbins, quick release system and you can buy all the individual parts nice and cheap so if you bend a disc, 90 quid...got them on my rsv4, anytime the zed or hyper needs discs thats what ill be getting.

Ive got a quick release renthal carrier to go on: just not worn the one ive got out yet.

520 chain: for the road id rather have the strength as theyre pretty light bikes already.

180/60: Not considered it...be interested to hear what you think if you try it..!

3. Re gearing, if its custom mapped properly then you only need to go up 1 tooth on the rear IMHO. Mine pulls clean from 30 in 4th about 2250, im not talking full throttle but wind it on steadily full from 3500.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information