1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Place (world) To Live +50 / Not Working - Opinion, Advice And Discussion

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Mar 1, 2018.

1. My arse bradders. I studied my arse off all through my military career and have worked bloody hard to achieve where I am now within the company I'm at. Bloody luck is not involved, we make our own luck and you can be the type of person who sits around on his arse all his life and scrounges off benefits, going down Asda every day for 8 special brews, or you can work at it. Luck, I don't believe is involved. I and several others on here are in the position they are in through study/hard work/or even kissing arse, but I don't believe we are here through luck me old toosh....

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. True........but I wouldn’t anticipate spending 9 months of the year on the road and in hotels.

I’ll be able to take more time out to visit #1 son and family up in Scotland. He’s been up there exactly a year today, and I’ve only visited twice because of work commitments! SWMBO has been up prolly 8-10 times, if not more, in the same period.

• Like Like x 1
  3. See, there you go with this SWMBO... Do you learn nothing ??

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. People who tell me that I am lucky are the twats who were pissing life up against the wall at the age of 17 and 18 when I was living in the woods in Germany with a Harrier next to me earning peanuts doing 80 hour weeks.
    I put up with poor wages and long hours so that yobs could sit in the park getting pissed with their mates and living off the tax that I paid.
    Yes I got a pension at the age of 42 when I left, but that £5,900 pa was fixed till the age of 55 and I had the guts to plan ahead and retire here to France on that money at the age of 45. It was not easy, but I was not lucky, I worked for it.
    When you have had a career in the military you will eventually get a pension, but never in your life will you be able to claim anything off the state because of the small pension that you get.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You can do that all now at 18 and won’t have a hope of a pension at 55. Not criticising, simply a fact that youth of today will be working far longer than us. And we shouldn’t forget that imho

6. Trust me, I get what you are saying. I have worked hard, and 1st career in retail where I did 6 days a week and out the house at 6, home at 2000. I got lucky: I took a job as second career in a company tha5 had f8nal salary.

If I had worked the last 20 yrs in retail, doing 60hrs a week and working my nuts off, I’d be lucky to retire at 65 with anything other than a state pension.

Many, most, are in that situation. Guess what I’m really saying is humility is a great thing to have :)

Even on a forum :upyeah:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paid 26k for our motor home four years ago privately. Had numerous holidays in the U.K. as well as lots of race meetings etc.
    Had a clutch and routine services but nothing horrendous cost wise.
    Insurance is about £350 all in.
    A friend in the trade values it at 21k buy in retailing it at 29k so private sale would probably realise 24 ish. If you are confident buying privately it’s the way to go. E5592CC2-399D-409F-A50D-BDD294B1795B.jpeg 13934E38-010F-40CA-93D7-545663733CE1.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Pikey fuck !

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. That’s retired Pikey fuck to you !

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Excellent wayne... thanks for that:upyeah:

11. I found the harder I worked and studied the luckier I became.....:innocent:

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. YOU LOT THAT THINK YOU'VE WORKED HARD AND DESERVE YOUR EARLY RETIREMENT WITH COMFORTABLE PENSION CAN JUST FUCK OFF.
    There are 10 times as many people that work just as hard and even harder in some cases without the rewards,everyone can't have the top well paid jobs, circumstances are different and just because someone hasn't been LUCKY enough to get a well paid job doesn't mean they are lazy layabout scroungers.
    Some of your comments on this thread make me sick, some of you come across as I'm all right jack cunt's.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. chill, yer no the worst, yer all right.
    jack.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hard work and being in the right place at the right time with the right skills
    You said it right there, right place right time, lucky, If you hadn't been in the right place at the right time you may have worked just as hard without the success, I have no problem with anyone working hard and being successful but so many look down on others with this,( I've worked hard so i deserve my healthy pension the rest of you havn't worked hard enough attitude), take a good hard look around at others and how hard they have to work in some terrible conditions just to make ends meet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  15. Fucken well said...

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. ELrVKGCTpOJ1rtUagRqr_bergogliotakesvow.jpg Steve's Sunday Sermon Service Rocks the house:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I'm in Birdie's corner here, there is definitely an element of luck involved in life.
    My old man who was a miner, and who remembered the days when if you didn't doff your cap to the mine owner, you didn't have work in the morning, whilst working full time, had the strength and determination and balls to sink his own mine, many a time he fell asleep at the table because he was so knackered.
    So my point is if hard work is a prerequisite for a decent wage and pensionable retirement, my old man should have been rolling in it, which I can promise you wasn't the case.
    p.s. not all people in receipt of benefit are scroungers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  18. Yep that's just how your starting to come across.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. the problem with thatcher and conservationism is, you will eventually run out of other peoples resources.
    in general we should be more gracious with success. :upyeah:
    theres plenty other threads where we can be sore winners.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sorry. Didn’t mean to start another war. Just wanted to make a statement that most are not in the same position, even if they have worked flat out their whole lives too. And those of us that are (or with careful planning) should have a little humility in how we approach those that don’t :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information