1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Forum Trip 19-24 Apr. Ardennes !!! ... The No Brexit Euro Easter Mini-break ;-)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Dave, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Does anyone fancy a trip around the Easter weekend?

I’m flexible on the details but will need to get away somewhere ;-)
    Thursday 18th/Friday 19th April for 4-5 days or so?
    UK somewhere or across to Spain on the Ferry or France on Eurotunnel?
    Find some good roads, food and drink with good company?

EDIT - 21st Jan
    We are going to Bouillon in the Ardennes via Eurotunnel leaving UK on Friday 19th April, returning Wed 24th April. Here are the hotel and Eurotunnel info if you want to come along. See the rest of the thread for more details and banter :)

https://www.expedia.co.uk/Bouillon-...elais-Napoleon-III.h2179213.Hotel-Information

View attachment 142894

#1 Dave, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Yep, sons birthday but it’s not a big one ;) and if I have to have the time off, may as well s]do something I want to!

3. My thoughts exactly Bradders :)

Do you have any thoughts / ideas ?

I’ll check ferry dates, times and prices for the Spain option.

4. Spain be a bit far possibly? 2 days on a boat. May get 5 days but not sure I could do more

5. Yeah I'm in.... Need to confirm dates at work. What you have in mind
    @Stu848 @chizel

6. Could be
    Could be keen.. need more info ( and some money!) But I think I'm up for it...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sounds good to me

8. Would you settle for good roads and average company

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. I'm now looking at Friday 19th - Wed 24th max.

I've just looked at diaries and been reminded that I am working in London on Thursday 18th so I won't be able to leave till Friday 19th and the Mrs is off on holiday from lunchtime on Wed 24th so I will need to be home sometime that day to take over child care :-/

I think this rather rules out Spain - don't want to spend so long on the boat for such a short break.

UK or Eurotunnel it is then. OK with everyone else?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Let's go and see @finm in scotchland!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Devon and Cornwall ? I was driving round Salisbury, gillingham, Chippenham the other day and I thought it was lovely, thatched roof pubs nice villages, good roads in the sticks and did not see a speed camera

Just is some nice places on the doorstep over here

12. Well it wasn't really what I had in mind for a "trip away" as I live in Devon myself but I could put a route together covering Somerset, Devon and Cornwall if everyone fancies it?

13. Done cornwall and Devon quite a lot in the last couple of years, so a little further afield would be better but hey I can go with the flow.

14. I live in Yorkshire and could easily and happily go for a holiday in a 30 mile radius of here, sounds mad but you don’t have to go far just go somewhere you don’t go often to, B and B local pub, nice riding roads, good crack with a few lads, same down your way I reckon, looks ace to be honest down there

15. Ok ... so let's create a list of options.

Please copy and paste and add anything you'd like to propose

Where?
    Somerset/Devon/Cornwall - @Dave and @PeterT have local knowledge
    Scotland - @finm has local knowledge
    Yorkshire - @I'm closing in has local knowledge

• WTF WTF x 1
  16. I stay in Gillingham, Dorset when I visit the UK on the bike. Great biking area. Also did Devon and Cornwall from there last August.
    I am a bit spoiled though because the south of France is my stomping ground, 7 hour non stop trip from the ferry terminal at Caen.

17. Yes I was in gillingham Dorset next door to the amateur boxing club and football fields, it’s probaby milder down that way too, it can still be flipping naff weather at that time can’t it, I think it’s a bit early for up north been honest

18. long way for you lot to travel for just several days. but if you do, count me in.
    i would come south, love that part of the world, but, holidays are for the kids for the next several years yet.

19. Depends if it’s a ride and stay somewhere different each night. You could do Wales day 1, blatt Scots border day 2, 3, 4 and 5 in jockland then 6 a mway stint back. Not too dissimilar to the blatt back from Germany.

Although 5 days may be my max

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information