1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Forum Trip 19-24 Apr. Ardennes !!! ... The No Brexit Euro Easter Mini-break ;-)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Dave, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Yes. I have in the past in a car. Don’t know if it’s a fee now.

Jump in :upyeah:

2. Don't get me wrong, dare I say that I'm a seasoned tourer, 10 bike trips to Europe since 2010 plus a few back in the days before kids. This can be a warm up to my Dolomites trip in May. First trip on a Ducati though, not that that has any bearing.

Who has space in a room then? According to the girlfriend I don't snore but that statement might be liable to amendment after a few beers o_O Willing to book another if everyone so far is paired up. Bradders do you want to meet up for the ride to Ashford?

Are we leaving yet!?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have now found this in the FAQ of the Eurotunnel website:

"Unless you have purchased Breakdown cover, the only vehicle details that we need are the vehicle type (car/van/motorcycle), the height (over or under 6ft/1.85metres) and confirmation that it is not equipped with an LPG tank. If none of these things have changed we do not need to make any changes to your booking.

Registration numbers are not yet mandatory but do speed up the Check-in process. You can add or change a registration number at any time before travel without penalty. "

4. Ah, thanks for the clarification. I have booked a twin room this morning, but no sharing arrangement as yet.

5. When I said 'toured/ridden before clique' I should maybe have said 'toured/ridden together before clique', sorry for confusion.

Have PM'd you re. room.

#185 Bumpkin, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hell no ... welcome along. A few of us will have met and ridden together before but most not I reckon based on past experience.

#186 Dave, Jan 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Right, that's the Eurotunnel booked then :)

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 12.42.23.png

8. Do mine when I get home tonight

• Like Like x 1
  9. Booked

DaveH
    Bradders
    Andy800
    Braz
    Pete1950
    J biker (sharing with Andy800..)

• Like Like x 2
  10. If the weather is kind may set off a day early and fit in several French Parc Naturel Regional enroute :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. This is getting complicated already... Has anyone done the direct booking with the hotel at Dave's negotiated discount rate, paid in advance and including breakfast, who hasn't yet got a room-mate? Otherwise I'll book a room via Hilda on those terms and offer the spare bed on here. Will also book a parking space on the assumption that I can share that with a room-mate and others.

12. Hotel & Ferry both booked Dave. Will be taking the latter from Jersey to St Malo so will meet you in Belgium. Will be great to see you, Andy (hopefully Chiz & Stu too)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Booked

DaveH - also booked one parking space for 4 bikes
    Bradders (sharing with Dave)
    Andy800
    Braz
    Pete1950
    J biker (sharing with Andy800..)
    Tim W

Can you please copy, paste and update if you have also booked a parking space.

14. I thought Pete had a share space in his room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I've not booked as I really don't know if I can or can't make it..
    So I will be a last min tag along if things work out...

16. Beats the hell out of me. That’s what Hilda told me. I booked and paid directly over the phone. Prices on booking.com and Expedia are not too dissimilar.

17. Awesome. Look forward to catching up :D
    Tunnel booked.

#197 Andy800, Jan 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Booked a twin on booking.con caus I’m a lazy ass, may change to a direct booking with hotel later on and can get park space also then if needed - just wanted the secure room.
    Sharing available if someone needs :motorcycleduc::beer::mask:

• Like Like x 1
  20. if you are booking al la post in bullion, I have booked direct before over the phone, and re parking, I have in the past booked a car bay for 4 bikes.
    Breakfast is pretty good as well, but again you can add that there if you wish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information