1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Forum Trip 19-24 Apr. Ardennes !!! ... The No Brexit Euro Easter Mini-break ;-)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Dave, Jan 13, 2019.

1. TIMMY!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Get yourself sorted man!!!
    Its good to have something to look forward to :grinning:

3. I have 3 track days booked so far and lots of time off work (that I can ill afford) so plenty to look forward to... but I would love to come along so will be trying to make it happen...
    I'd have to get the SS sorted as well. The £ has been going on the track bike.. having said that I plan on getting a day time mot on the 749.. do they fly in Europe?

4. Head and tail light are a requirement in France, there's no equivalent of a daytime MOT there according to Bike Normandy. In fact for bikes there is no MOT type test. However, I think they must be type approved and still have lights.

Having said that; many years ago I drove a 1928 Austin 7 to Épernay and under French law at the time you couldn't drive cars of that age without a specific permit. There were 16 similar aged Austin 7s in the group and we had no issues.

#204 Bumpkin, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  5. Thats fair enough... I'll try to squeeze in a track day with you this season...... separate from Ducati only in May

• Like Like x 1
  6. Booked tunnel as Dave's above

7. DaveH
    Bradders
    Andy800
    Braz
    Pete1950
    J biker (sharing with Andy800..)
    7ony (Sharing with MaDProFF)
    MaDProFF

8. Those that have booked hotel:

DaveH - also booked one parking space for 4 bikes
    Bradders (sharing with DaveH)
    Andy800
    Braz
    Pete1950
    Tim W - also booked a parking space
    Stuart (sharing with Tim W)
    MaDProFF

Please copy and paste to add or amend more :)

#208 Dave, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  9. What bike will you be taking dude?

10. Well the Baines has a fuel range of 80 miles, is the most uncomfortable of all and has zero luggage carrying ability so that’s out. All the other Ducati’s are off the road so I guess it will be my Africa Twin again ... it did ok last time even on 50/50 tyres :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. It looks like there are rooms available to share from the list above. Please copy, paste and update it once you are sorted so we all know :)

13. Updated:

DaveH - also booked one parking space for 4 bikes
    Bradders (sharing with DaveH)
    Andy800
    Braz
    Bumpkin (sharing with Braz)
    Pete1950
    Tim W - also booked a parking space
    Stuart (sharing with Tim W)
    MaDProFF

14. Well that's me out i'am afraid, a court date has just been set and I need to attend to it.:mad:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. As he posted above; sharing with Braz. Eurotunnel now booked and API completed, price had crept up a little for the return leg.

Looking forward to this as the season opener of the three trips, planned so far, that I'm making into Europe this year on the bike:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mine was £90

Really looking forward to it. Wonder if I’ll have another bike by then ... not certain the s1000r is a tourer

17. Shame. Hope all goes well.

18. So ... parking spaces? I’ve booked one, so has Tim. Anyone else? We need three for 11 or 12 bikes

19. @Pete1950 and I are meeting for dinner tomorrow night at the Bike Shed in Shoreditch. We may do a bit of route planning. If you have any suggestions or requests please let me know.

@MaDProFF ?
    anyone else with knowledge of the Ardennes area?

20. Was hoping just to book one when we arrive

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information