1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Forum Trip 19-24 Apr. Ardennes !!! ... The No Brexit Euro Easter Mini-break ;-)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Dave, Jan 13, 2019.

1. I have now booked the Tunnel crossings as per these timings. Julian W is going to do the same.

@Dave Could you remind me how much ££ is a quarter of five days parking space fee, please?

2. Parking is €13 per day per space = €65 for 5 days = €16.25 each

#262 Dave, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. OK, I'll give it to you in Bouillon. Promise!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gold bouillon? Do people still trade in That?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I'll be paying in Knorr stock cubes. Or maybe Oxo.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Same here unless you want to PM me bank or PayPal details for payment now.

7. Probably easier to sort it all out when we get there :)

8. Check your bike insurance cover before you go.

Today, I have been advised by my broker it will need to be referred back to the insurance provider after 29 March.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. It appears that Eurotunnel are helpfully offering free cancellations for crossings booked before 28 February and taking place after 29 March, provided you give them 7 days notice. I was resigned to losing the fare if it became expedient to cancel the Easter trip, but maybe not. Presumably advance booking were dropping off so drastically that they were forced to make this offer in order to keep their cashflow moving.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/brexit-promise/

#269 Pete1950, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  10. Hi all, very interested in this trip, would there be space for 1 more?
    I'm a friend of J biker's and done several trips with him around Europe over the years.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nobody is stopping you from booking tunnel crossings and a hotel in Bouillon on the appropriate dates - in fact if you want to go, better get on and book ASAP. Suggest you message @Dave who is the prime mover of this trip.

12. Thanks for reply. Tunnel and hotel booked, I’ll drop Dave a PM, cheers.

13. Just a question. Will all participants be getting a green card from their insurance companies?
    Reason that I ask is that my niece is coming over on her Monster in March and into April, but her insurance company does not know if she will need a green card.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. The official advice from the UK government is: “From 29 March 2019, in the event that there is no EU exit deal … drivers of UK-registered vehicles will need to carry a motor insurance green card when driving in the EU and EEA.”

According to reports in the press they are likely to be issued by an insurance company for free, but the industry is warning it could take up to a month to obtain one, so if no deal happens we will need to act fast.

Direct Line have been quoted as saying “we have plans to ensure customers are provided with a green card if they drive in Europe on or after 29 March. Customers will need to contact us at least two weeks in advance of when they are due to travel.”

I’ll be contacting my Insurance company on Monday.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Thank you, I shall pass that on so that she gets it sorted as soon as she returns from NZ.

16. Rang my insurance broker, they're checking with underwriters (Ageas). I'll report back on what they say when I get a response.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Just spoken to Bennetts on behalf of my niece. They have no intention of issuing green cards because they don't know what is happening yet. She is in NZ so is out of touch at the moment.
    Does not help my niece who is coming over to Europe on the 19th or March for a few weeks. She will not come if she can't get a green card, but will change insurers if needed to try and get one.
    Why they cannot just say that they will issue them, I don't know.
    I would suggest that everybody starts to contact insurers.

18. ..or move.

19. Thanks for the nudge on this Bob, was on my to-do list, a long one though...

Ageas confirmed to my broker, Ramasis (were Ducati Insurance last year, seem to have been usurped), late yesterday that two weeks will be plenty to arrange a Green Card if required. So, for me at least and in theory, it looks like it's manageable in the case of no-deal without a suitable arrangement in place. Doesn't help your niece much with travel plans just before the 29th of March though. Bennetts don't sound very helpful in her case, presume that they spoke to the underwriter? Maybe an approach you could try yourself saying that you're seeking clarification on a point that the broker failed to answer satisfactorily.

20. They did say that they would talk to their underwriter, I await response.
    It really is a poor show when they can't just say that they will still cover after brexit and will issue a green card, it is after all just a case of printing something on green paper.
    All EU countries issue a green card as part of the insurance policy, sometimes I think that people just try to be awkward.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information