1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Forum Trip 19-24 Apr. Ardennes !!! ... The No Brexit Euro Easter Mini-break ;-)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Dave, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Got some information on the green card issue. Bennetts are now going to issue them for those who want one. They will be free of charge but take 5 days to issue.
    I was told that if any customer wants one then they should email [email protected] with their policy number as the subject.
    They also said that they will be free.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Don't forget the UK government says that all UK drivers will need an international driving permit before they leave the UK shores.
    Obtainable for Post Offices for a fee.

3. £5.50

Spain is a different license to France, Germany. Bloody mental.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Make sure that you get your requests in for green cards. If you insure with Bennetts then make sure that you give it plenty of time as they are messing people about.
    My niece is due to ride over on Tuesday. They have told her that the green card will be with her today. She phoned them today only to be told that it has not been sent out yet. She has been asking for one since January.
    They now say that it will be there tomorrow, if not then she will start cancelling ferries and accommodation and make other arrangements for her two weeks holiday.

5. Contacted Bemoto earlier, they told me to ring back a few days in to April regarding green card

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Booked first service for beemer 13/04. So best get the 400 miles done now then..!

• Like Like x 1
  7. @bradders
    have you got a screen for the S1r? I have a screen kicking about off mine, not OE, not full MRA touring job, sort of in between...cant remember the name/type.

8. Thanks yes, I have a slightly taller note touring one fitted. Would add bar risers but they don’t lost for the model year

9. Wunderlich? I had on mine (was a '15 I think). Made a good difference with the risers on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. https://www.greenhelldriving.nuerburgring.de/#/landing

I notice that the Nurburgring has now posted its public opening days for 2019, and that it is due to be open most of the time on 19 - 24 April just in case anybody is keen to put in a few laps.

NB Check your insurance carefully - you are probably not covered for the 'Ring. If you ride the Ring uninsured and have a crash, you are in deep trouble.

11. Risers arrived and fitted. Shame I didn’t have a 100mm long bolt needed to fit the ram mount! Hoping to test this weekend

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hastings emailed me today saying you can now apply for green card online. May be worth checking with insurers.

Mine is requested.

• Useful Useful x 2
  13. I have me 'ondas insured with Bennetts :

"A customer who has a policy with Bennetts is entitled to travel within the EU with the same cover as detailed on their policy for 90 days per period of insurance, after which third party only cover applies. The purpose of the green card is to show to authorities in the countries permitted that insurance cover is in place. Please contact us 7-10 days before you want to ride your bike in Europe and we’ll issue one free of charge. You can order your Green Card via [email protected]"

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Don’t worry, you only need a green card if Britain would not longer be part of the EU, and that is not going to happen anytime soon isn’t it?

15. Soooo ... !!!

I’ll be riding from Exeter to Folkestone on the morning of Friday 19th ... probably M5, A303, M3, M25 etc ... though I might be tempted into another even more boring plan (M5, M4, M25?) if anyone else is heading there from the SW and wants to meet up en-route?

16. Anyone going to do it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information