1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Easy Peasy

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by youcantpolishat*rd, Apr 30, 2020.

1. How good are these things to work on ! I decided today to sort my milky headlights out. First time I have taken the headlight fairing off, so take mirrors off...... Easy, take out 2 more bolts..... Easy, remove side fairing Dzus fasteners...... Easy, remove headlight adjuster bolt with spring...... Easy, pull headlights out...... Easy. Clean headlight lenses and put it all back together.....Easy
    If this was one of my previous Jap bikes I would have cracked all the fairings, grazed my knuckles, swore a lot and wish I'd never started . These are a pleasure to work on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Cool. A cleaning thread. :)

Any pics? :bucktooth:

3. That’s so true. They’re so basic like to work on, they make doing all these small jobs a pleasure to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. They get worse the newer they are, can't beat the 748/916 series.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. My 848 was so much more awkward to work on. These are bliss!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mine were so milky you couldn't even see the bulby things. Decided to have a go and realised how easy it was. 20161013_210035.jpg

7. My memories of working on my Ducati sports bikes
    • 916 / 996. - Piece of cake, they almost did it themselves.
    • 1098 - A real backward step when they went away from Dzuz fasteners
    • Panigale - Pain in the backside. Every clip and screw seems to be hidden.
    I can only imagine the new V4 has a security code and fingerprint recognition on every fastener. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Take a rear shock out of a 748 etc 10 mins, an 848 will be 3 days..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Not experienced working on any newer Ducatis than my 98, but I have done some jobs on a 57 plate Aprilia Shiver and have never encountered so many bits of superfluous plastic. Even the front mudguard is two pieces bolted together.

10. Did mine in half a day. :yum

Honest.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for posting this up - it inspired me to have a go at mine, and I managed it. I’m not very experienced at that sort of stuff, and found dismantling the bulb housing a bit fiddly, but it it all came apart without too much hassle. I cleaned the lenses with glass cleaning cloths.

Cheers
    2Twins

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information