1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay Bell Ends - 2002 748s

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fire3500, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Nice looking 748s on eBay... here

So I thought I'd ask some questions, missing mine a bit and kind of flirting with the idea of another (by flirting I mean I'd checked the bank account and was ready to view)

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 21.41.36.png
    And in response I got this...

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 21.40.31.png

Think I'll give that one a wide berth... what a bell-end.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. You are well off walking away. If it’s been stored in his lounge without oil or petrol since he did 600 miles on it after the sevice 3 years ago, it’ll need recommissioning not just filling with oil and taking for an MoT. That’ll cost in the region of £600 at a good independant, more at a main dealer. Just as an aside, his Yamaha mechanic mate knows shit ;). Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Oh yes, I forgot, it’s a run out model 748s which whilst a nice bike, it ain’t no collectable. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Superb seller, you asked 5 questions and got 14 replies. :) :upyeah: You just can't please some people. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. That link doesn't work.
    Try sending en email link,
    It's the first symbol on the line "add to watch list" and select other email in the drop down box.
    That will generate an email with a very short reference , then cut n paste here...... please.

By way of explanation, not excuse it may be he was answering loads of stupid questions and was getting fed up..... it looks that way. He should answer everyone patiently and politely. He wants to sell the bi after all and information is key to that process happening..

#5 AirCon, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
  6. Here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-52-...008501?hash=item239bfe9675:g:hR4AAOSws5BafgCW

7. I've just asked 3 questions. :thinkingface:

1. If I pay over £6k for it, will he throw in the Josticks?
    2. Has he been riding it in reverse to turn his Dzus fasterners back to front?
    3. How fast do I have to go to flip the Dzus fasteners back the right way around?

I'll keep you all updated. :upyeah:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Hey, I've just noticed...."Whitley Bay", about 5 mins from me. :)

I still won't beat @Exige there. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Them fish and chips were lovely :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. God damn Mutha Hubbard! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. If it was downstairs at yours, you still wouldn't beat Elise there!

However it has to have an R or SPS at the end to have Exige at the door..... like a rat up a drain pipe.
    If it had been one of those it would have been sold before he'd of finished typing the advert.

#11 AirCon, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. They ain’t Termis either. Link pipes from collector to cans and hangers wrong. Tyres look like old Diablo?
    Shame he has to be such a dick with the replies as it looks a decent bike....or could be with a bit of detailing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. He's a bell end remember :thinkingface: talking of which, has Chiz woke yet? :eek:

14. Not in this lifetime.... and no evidence to contradict me.

15. To be fair to him you're probably the hundredth person person that's asked the belt question and I agree Ducati owners have been brain washed over the years about the two year change. It's not necessary, a visual inspection is good enough to check the condition and most are still in excellent condition. However he's trying to sell it so should maintain diplomacy and answer questions accurately and politely no matter what people ask and how many times they ask. His loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Adding the information to his listing would have fixed that, or add to listing upon answering it the first time? If he's been asked many times and not done that then he's only got himself to blame. If he knew anything about the bikes then he'd know the importance of the information.

I don't know where I stand on the brainwashing. It's a manufacturer-determined service interval, and a lot of Ducatis (including this one) sit with the belts static for months/years on end.

I change mine at three years. Nothing against anyone that does otherwise, but I'm not spending £5,500 without knowing their age / mileage. If they need doing then that's a cost for me and is material in striking a deal. If I do it then there's the cost of belts and the value of my time / risk, and if I get a dealer or Indy to do it then there is cost for labour too. Note he also didn't know whether the clearances had been done.

His attitude is typical of eBay, overly entitled seller alienating interested potential buyer. He deserves mocking, for being a tool. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ebay can be bloody hard work!
    However;
    you have to treat every idiot as a potential buyer, not every potential buyer as an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. You got to stop teasing him today, he's leader died this morning...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I particularly liked answer number 2. I've definitely learned something there :D
    Not sure whats holding you back @Fire3500 , seems like a great bike and a very knowledgeable seller :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information