1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay Or Amazon?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Addiction, Sep 23, 2016.

?
  1. eBay

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Amazon

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Websites

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Hi
    As a ebay seller i have never looked or buy on Amazon.

Friend of mine is selling on both but his selling tv's remote control where i'm in Bikes and Cars parts, all new aftermarket parts from titanium screws to exhaust for bikes and caliper bleed screws to suspension parts for cars.

Can you please let me know if you do look for parts for your bike/car on amazon or ebay or you try to look for direct websites on google.

Thanks in advance

2. If its new stuff, both ebay and websites. Never amazon

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Both - There is a lot of good car and bike stuff on Amazon. E-bay comes across as a bit "downmarket" sometimes... But both are always worth a look.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. (late to the thread) Amazon often make access to seller info difficult and nearly always reluctant to declare postage - and keep banging on about signing you up for premier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mostly ebay but I have on occasion saved money buy seeing who is on amazon, then checking their direct website and sometimes found it cheaper but in general, ebay. My postman hates me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I use both

7. EBay and websites for me, I've never looked on Amazon.

8. Amazon can be as competitive as Ebay, if not more so, on just about everything. I tend to use both but place orders on the best delivery lead time, if prices as the same/similar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I find amazon front end not so friendly, easy to use, search and compare prices etc..

If you know EXACTLY what you want.. then both are OK and Amazon can be cheaper... but ebay is my first port of call when looking for something...

Then when I decide exactly what I want I check ebay, amazon and google (only for items of value over say £20)... for cheaper items .. just ebay.. lowest price with a good feedback and acceptable delivery... buy now..

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. For online purchases I use, and tend to check, all three options when buying anything. I sometimes pay a little extra on Amazon for a Prime listed item for the faster delivery, I have Prime membership. If DPD is a delivery option on expensive stuff then that draws me in too as they let you know, within an hour window, when they'll be at your door. My time is worth something too me and, despite working from home, hanging around all day waiting for a courier doesn't help with that. Royal Mail 2nd best for predictable delivery as usually early morning but could be one day or the next. Good seller feedback also has a bearing on the buying decision.

• Like Like x 1
  11. EBay, then check amazon, then quick Google about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Amazon have a really useful extension for Chrome.
    When you look for something on Ebay, Amazon offers a small split screen at the top with the availability and price of that item on Amazon.
    Just click it away if it annoys you, but saves a lot of time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. If you are a prime member, about £70-80 a year, you have the video on demand.... like netflix, but also free delivery on most items, some same day delivery, most next day.
    You get delivery tracking information direct to your phone showing where the driver is up to 8 stops away..... used to be over 100, which wasn't very useful.

14. Amazon is too big now, too much choice since they went to Amazon marketplace. Might be one good version of something but you have to sift for too long. Especially when browsing for an item with multiple manufacturers. As Simon said earlier, it's fine if searching for a specific item but then I'm searching eBay too. I've gone back to buying from well established retailers now for many things that I need/want to be high quality as they've already done the quality appraisal bit.

15. Psychologically I tend to trust Amazon a little bit more as there are so many scammers or just junk sellers on Ebay. I know it's a bit silly but it's just my first reaction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I mainly use Amazon and I find the real world reviews on products very useful. I always check price on Google/Ebay. The retailers are very attentive to their ratings and I queried a problem with a faulty charger the other day. It was refunded and I re-ordered the same unit that arrived the next day. They didn't even need the faulty one sent back. Top service.

I bought a new Microwave earlier today from Argos who had the best item and price. They say it will be delivered today!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rarely buy stuff off eBay (got about 20 feedback over the last 10 years) and only ever bought 3 things off Amazon, micro tyre pump, tyre repair kit and American plastic cheese dip. Andy

18. For cheap, EBay. For trust, Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. eBay normally comes up first and cheapest in searches, Amazon tend to add delivery at the latest stage even if it says eligible for free?
    eBay feels slightly more risky but easy to check out

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information