1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay Question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Roadtrip, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Went to ask a seller a question about a bike and the page that comes up with a photo of the bike has all my details up, name, email, postcode, phone number then a section below for the question then i tried a few more and most all have it , is this new,

I know i can just clear my details and just put anything,

2. I've just checked this, and it only seems to require personal details for classified ads, and in my case the details are not automatically filled in, but they are still required to send the message.
    I suggest you try clearing the ebay cookies, to see if that stops automatically filling in your details.
    I don't recall it always being like this?
    More ebay complications!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Yes mine is the same classified adds require it.

4. the EBay version with full details has been around a few years now, not sure about anywhere else. I noticed Gumtree don't use a phone screening system anymore, something that I preferred in this day of looney stalkers.

5. Just seems a bit crackers that ebay would upload peoples details like that.

6. But if you have an auction (where the fees are higher) they don't...

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ebay related, i'm getting very concerned about ebays sharpe practices these days with the final seller fees, i sold some kitchen farmhouse chairs that someone had donated to me just before christmas for £49.00 / cash on collection only so no paypal nonsense, but i ended up paying a total of £6.67.? and i thought it was 10% on sales.

8. From eBay customer service
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-private-sellers?id=4822

Final value fees
    You pay one final value fee for items you sell on eBay, and you don't have to worry about third party payment processing fees.

The final value fee is calculated as 12.8% of the total amount of the sale (which includes the item price, postage, taxes and any other applicable fees), plus a fixed charge of 30p per order. If the total amount of the sale is over £2,500 for a single item, you'll pay 3% for the portion of the sale price above £2,500.

Its not as cheap as it once was unfortunately. But would you rather have the donated chairs still in your garage?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Last item i sold I'm sure i paid a postage fee :thinkingface:

10. Most certainly if someone had asked me on the day, i would be walking tall with pride now.:)

11. Iirc eBay added in the % on postage cost a few years ago to stop a work around people were using to inflate the postage as there wasn’t a cut from that taken by eBay. :confused:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information