1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ecu Compatibility

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nasher, May 12, 2021.

1. I currently have a 2003 1000SSie DS, and a 2004 M1000S.
    Both have the same Duel Spark motor, and appear to have the same ECU.

Both have K&N filters and Ducati Performance Remus exhaust cans.

The 1000SS is bit of an unknown quantity and appears to run well, but I believe has the standard map on the ECU.
    The M1000 came to me fitted with a Dynojet Power commander, and also appears to run OK, but I've not had it on the road yet.

I have the option to take both bikes to Moto Rapido, when they can fit me in, and have them re-map both properly for what has to be said is a considerable amount of cash.

A cheaper option is to purchase a used DP ECU for each of them, because what I've in effect created is the options that the DP ECU map was developed to run with.

At the moment there are a couple of DP ECUs on Ebay, one for a SC 1000 Paul Smart , and one for an S2R1000.
    Both these bikes use the same Engine and ECU as the bikes I have.

So, apart from having the immobilisers disabled, is there any reason why I can't use the SC 1000 Paul Smart and S2R1000 ECUs in the 1000SS and M1000?

Thanks

Nasher.

#1 Nasher, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
  2. Forget the S2R, just discovered that's not compatible.

The S2R would appear to have more in common with the Multistrada 1000 Lambda Sensor based system.

Nasher.

3. Sev

They told me they do it on site.
    Worked out @£450 for each bike.

Which I'm not saying is OTT or different to what others charge, but a £200 used ECU with a 99% map suits my needs.

Nasher.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information