1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ecu Flash Or Rapidbike Evo?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by batman_oh, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Howdi,

I have had an 1199 for about 5 years now and due to only doing a few thousand miles on it every year I have so far not bothered with trying to fix the low end fuelling. It has the servo disconnected and termi evolution cans and a sprint filter (which made it miles better than standard!) but despite my best efforts it's impossible to avoid spending a good chunk of any spin either stuck behind traffic or stuck in the dreaded jerk zone below 6k! I'm too old for this sheeite now so I'm thinking of going with either a Rapidbike Evo from eBay and letting it fix itself or going to a local place for an ECU flash (and hope they are competent!).

Has anybody had good results from either of these in the low end/constant throttle fuelling area. The top end and full throttle after 6k is not an issue at all.

Cheers!

2. I have an evo on my pani R. I had a couple of dyno tunes locked into it after changing full exh system (one for db killers, one without).
    Can only speak from the original map/exhaust, compared to the end results, but massive improvement for pick up from low rpms where the
    original was quite stuttery and a bit hit and miss. Made the bike far more predictable coming out of hairpins etc on track.

Fitting is a piece of piss for anyone who is happy taking a little bodywork off and using cable ties etc.

#2 990Glen, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I can't comment on the Rapid bike Evo as I have never had one, but I have been very pleased by an ECU remap on a rolling road by a very experienced dyno operator. I asked specifically for a smoother sub 6k range and that is exactly what I got. Much, much better now.

4. As @Grayrobs, I also haven’t used the Rapid bike but have recently had my 899 flashed/mapped on the dyno for the very same issues you describe. By the end of last seasons riding I was getting pretty fed up of the low revs, part throttle fuelling. I’d looked at the Rapid bike but as I have a Blip Box Pro I went for a ECU flash instead. Paul at P3 Tuning in Liverpool did mine and it now rides so much better. Crisp, clean throttle response from low revs and will comfortably cruise through speed limits/towns/villages etc a gear higher than before. After doing a track day on my GSXR 750 a little while back I was considering selling the Panigale but not anymore. It’s definitely staying! I did have to play with the settings a little as I found the high throttle map still too eager for the road, great when pushing on though. Get it done and enjoy your bike again!

5. I have used a rapidbike evo on 4 Pani's I've owned and am always happy with the result, for slow town riding the gearing makes a big difference as well, they are setup to do 150mph. As well as fueling adjustments try dropping a tooth on the front while your fitting your rapidbike.

You won't recognise that beautiful thing :)

6. Cheers for the replies. I'll get on to the place that does the ECU flashing and if they sound legit I'll probably look at that! If not Rapidbike seems like a good solution too. The bike is still on the original chain at just over 23000km now so perfect timing to mess with the gearing also!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Always had good results with the Rapidbike Evo on my 1199 and on my KTM 1290R, bikes both felt a lot smoother and allowed me to add the Motohooligan airbox to the KTM without a remap, could keep an eye on the fuelling and optimise the map through the Rapidbike master software, it also maps each cylinder individually on a twin.

cyl 2.JPG

cyl 1.JPG

cylinder 2.JPG

cylinder 1.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information