1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Ecu Help Needed

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Benny 749, May 31, 2017.

1. HI guys, advice is needed here, my name is Benny and i'm one of the only 749 owners in Israel, I probably will have to replace my ECU.
    I own a 2003 model.
    i have tested my bike with 96516605b ECU (999s performance) that seems to be working (i did not ride with it, just install, start engine, rev and waited to see if the fans work (they did))
    I have an offer to buy ECU 96510303b that i think its 999s performance too.
    Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the ECU's will it be good to my bike?
    I will appreciate your experience.
    Benny

2. Get in touch with Avanti racing, I believe they can repair ECU's? Not 100% certain though.

I am having issues with my 749s which hopefully isn't ecu related but I was told to get in touch with Avanti if it is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You need to get the ECU flashed to the correct map for your 749. As the ECU is a DP one you should have no immo issues. You can do this yourself using a PC/laptop and JPDiag Writer software @ €100 (plus an FTDI chip KKl lead and Fiat adaptor). Another way would be to buy an MPPS off ebay and flash a .bin map file. If you decide to DIY then PM me and I will try to assist you with the map files.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the answers....i want to understand i can buy any ECU that can fit the ECU plug it and flash no matter its code?
    Is the ECU of a 848 a valid option?
    I don't have the red key is that still possible?
    what is the best choice for me?
    I understood that some of the performance ECU's have the immobilizer disabled like the 96516605b ECU

5. Your bike will use the IAW59M ECU. You can forward upgrade it to an IAW5AM flashed to a 2004 749 map. An 848/1098/1198/SF ECU would be perfect as these are virgin and you will not have any immo issues. There is a free Flasher program called Guzzdiag Writer that works with the FTDI chip KKL lead and Fiat Adaptor. You would need a 749 map in .bin format to work with this. If you have an Android tablet then you could use TuneECU Android (not free) and use a 749 map from their library. Again you need the FTDI KKL lead and Fiat adaptor to do this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for all your help, right now i have on my 749 GPR slip-on carbon muffler and i have performance air filters, that means that i need a Ducati performance 749 ECU map?

7. Yes DP map would be best option although bike should run ok with standard 749 map.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Here in Israel its hard to find experienced mechanics that has the knowhow for remapping a Ducati ECU, do you know if there is someone in the UK (maybe a member of this forum) that i can send him an ECU and he can help me to remap it? (i can pay for the time of course) i never did it alone and i'm not sure i will have the support if i will do mistake.

9. Took 2 attempts but it would appear the 749 is now running. The upgrade to IAW5AM DP threw up TPS errors in the ECU. A switch to an IAW59M DP has cured the errors. Hopefully @Benny 749 will update his post.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Well done Chris :)

11. Well done Chris :)

12. Most impressive was the Post Office 2 day delivery to Israel.

13. Wow, better than the domestic service then ;)

14. So.....let me give you a brief regarding my 749 status for now:
    After i realized that my ECU is the blame for all the problems i had with my bike (one of the cylinders was not running good) i posted here to find help with the experienced community you have here.
    I was very lucky to to meet Chris here and get the professional help and advice from him.
    Chris was kind enough to help me with all the process from getting a new ECU reprogram it and eliminate the immobilizer and all of his great support until now, first ECU was problematic and gave us error readings, again Chris did not leave me alone in the field and sent me one more 749 DP ECU, for now no errors and most of the time the bike runs perfectly, i still try to finish and fine tune my bike (it stalled in a traffic light around 90+ degrees motor heat) i hope that my mechanic will know how to deal with that.
    Never the less i want to thank Chris for everything its good to meet some one that really knows what they are doing and willing to help and advice. Thanks!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yes, Chis is an absolute star :)

16. You may cure the stalling by resetting the TPS, balancing the throttle bodies and adjusting the CO to achieve max rpm at idle.

17. I can do that only if i have the the software and i know how to use it i guess, any other methods?

18. Laptop, £25 for cables, free software - sorted

Android tablet, £4 adaptor, £8 Bluetooth elm327, free software - sorted

19. Can you be more specific? what laptop configuration? (pc/mac operating system version) recommended cables? software link? (readable and writeable?) will it be easy for me to use? i dont want to make a mistake that it will be hard for me to fix. advice needed

Do Not Sell My Personal Information