1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Ecu Or Subframe?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Blueprint, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Hi
    Can anyone help me please. My recently purchased 1994 916 Biposto seems to have some issues under the seat:) Can anyone tell me if it has the wrong ECU or is it the wrong subframe? Someone has drilled into the subframe to mount the ecu, and the rest is just floating around!

IMG_6075.jpg
    IMG_6077.jpg

2. This was my 98BP. I don't know how much changed from 94 to 98, but the ECU looks very different. :(

ECU.jpg

#2 Robarano, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
  3. That's the P8 ECU in a BP subframe. The P8 was used on the early mono and also SPS. The ECU in Robarano picture is the correct one for that subframe, so you may have bought a mono or even SPS that has been converted to BP. You have any more info or pictures of the bike?

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. As above, looks like it's an early monoposto 'Strada' bike that's been converted to carry a pillion.

5. Hi guys. Thanks for your help on this, The bike was registered in Aug 94, It is a U.K bike but with a KMH speedo. Are there any pics I could take to that would help identify if it's a Strada?

6. If you pm me the vin, I can check tomorrow for you and get definate model id.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks nelly! How do I pm you :)

8. Click on his name, a box will appear, start a conversation.

9. Thank you!

10. You're welcome.

11. August ‘94,then i think you have a strada.
    One of the first 1451 916’s made.
    So the P8 ecu is right for the bike then but you should need a aluminium mono subframe then.

Henk!!!

12. August ‘94,then i think you have a strada.
    One of the first 1451 916’s made.
    So the P8 ecu is right for the bike then but you should need a aluminium mono subframe then.

Henk!!!

13. So Nelly kindly checked the VIN for me and confirmed that it is a Strada. The hunt for a subframe begins!

14. Happy hunting.

Henk!!!

15. Bursi Evolution sell the subframe that suits the P8 ECU, but it is finished gloss black. Some do come up for sale on ebay and some of the facebook pages. Not the easiest to find at sensible money.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information