1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Ecu Reflash

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Cupid Stunt, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Well here is my baby Ducati 2013 848 Evo, so far the only upgrades are full system Termi, and 1 tooth less front sprocket. off to moto rapido this morning for ECU flash 60 mile ride there and then a 60 mile ride back.
    I was really surprised at the difference between this and my od 2011 Evo.
    2011 model used to lurch a bit on the throttle 1st & 2nd but they seemed to have ironed that out on the 2013 model as it is a lot smoother.
    Lets see what the ECU flash does to it.

2015-03-21.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. looks sweet, vince. :upyeah:

3. I'm well chuffed with it. Always loved the look of the 848 and was really sad when I parted with my old one but now I'm back on one. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this

5. Right I didn't have a dyno remap done the agreement was that he would use a custom map that he had made for another 848 Evo Corse SE a couple of months ago for this he would only charge me half of what they would normally charge, if after a few runs if I am not happy with the map I can go and have the bike dynoed and he will tweak where necessary and only charge the difference between what I have already paid and the normal rate for full custom map.
    I am going to go to my local dealer and have it put on the dyno just to see what it is putting out in HP, but I will not be having it tweaked further as I think it is pretty spot on.
    The who;e point of the remap is not to improve performance but to give optimum fuel and air mix.
    Which I believe he has done today.
    Normal riding I tend to get approx 95 miles from full tank to reserve light coming on. Filling up it normally takes 14.5 litres when the fuel light comes on.
    Well I left home this morning and filled up about 10 miles down the road, it was another 50 miles down to Moto Rapido.
    The map was loaded up, which includes trims and Lambda sensors disabled and whatever else had to be done.
    The next time the fuel light came on I had covered another 70 miles that's a total of 120 miles and when I filled up it actually only took 13.5 ltrs. So I have used 1 ltr less fuel but managed another 35 miles before fuel light came on :)
    I have gained an extra 200-300 revs before red line lights flicker on :)
    Throttle response is better, in 2nd gear I would roll on the throttle and you would get a trickle of power for a short span then the bloody thing would snatch and try to rip your arms off but now I roll the throttle on and there is no snatchiness just pure power delivery.
    Over all I am very pleased with the change, in fact I am going to take my Panni and my SF down there but both will be full dyno custom maps.

Hope the above will be of some use.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice description. Mine somehow felt slower after I had it done, then i relaised it was because it was so clean and crisp from anywhere you dodnt get that power band feeling that was there pre map. And it was as smooth and quick as anything

7. Ah bradders, mine still has that power band surge, not sure how to explain what I mean,
    I open the throttle and I can feel the power launching me down the road then it just seems to grab more power from god knows where and its happening in all gears, I haven't given it a fist full in 1st as it will tip me off the back.
    When I say all the gears I never got out of 4th on the way home, didn't have enough free road to change in to 5th.
    It certainly feels a lot more responsive.
    Mate of mine has an 848 Evo with slip on Termi's the next decent weather day we get I might ask him if he fancy's swapping bikes for 50 miles to see what he thinks :)

8. Its just linear, so power available anywhere

• Like Like x 1
  9. No mate I thought the 899 was linear far to smooth where as the 848 has still kept that grunty feeling which was lacking in the 899.

10. Thanks, I didn't realise there was the option of having a copy map.

I'm thinking about going down the custom map route but will decide once I've put a few more miles on the current set up.

11. It probably depends on who is doing it.
    Wilf the guy at Moto Rapido does BSB bikes too so I trust his judgement. It was a custom map he did on an 848 Evo with a full Termi system (all day on a dyno tweaking this and that), he still had the map and my bike is the 848 Evo with a full system, he said it would go on no problem and I would see the benefit & I did.
    But he did give me the options though.
    Using the map or going on the dyno with mine.

12. They work with Guzzidiag, JPDiag and TuneECU (Android). That's for Ducati Diagnostics. TuneECU Android also allows you to download and flash maps.

13. All Ducati's?

14. Just those equipped with IAW5* ECUs

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. and which bikes are those ?

16. Easier for you to ask a specific bike. The IAW 5* ECU first saw use in 2001 right through to the bikes on sale before the Panigale (up to 2011). There are some that use a different ECU like the Mitsubishi or Siemens.

So from the 996R through to the 1198.

17. With the links and the hardware on one of your links I could down load my map and put it on another 848 Evo but it would have to be running a full system though for there to be any benefit, I couldnt put it on a stock 848 evo as it would run like a pile of shit I am guessing.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information