1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Ecu

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by mattyboy 38, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Hi can anyone divide me I bought a termi can set that came with filter and do ecu I fitted all of them and the bike will not start just keeps coming up with starter error and the yellow diagnostic light is on I put the old ecu in and it starts and runs how do I get the do ecu to work thanks

2. Bad spelling d p ecu and can any one ADVISE

3. Dude! Read your typing out! It sounds like u have a duff ecu tbh, or u have one that's from a 1098 when your bike is a 848 etc which may well cause issues. I would suggest leaving the stock ecu and looking at getting it remapped OR getting the dp ecu sent off to CJS for testing etc.

4. Thanks fella I will ASAP

5. How can I tell if it's a 848 ecu when the dash lights up it runs 848 Evo but with standard ecu it does not mmmmmm

6. Is the bike a straight 848 or an 848 Evo? The two ECU are not interchangeable without mapping alteration. I would seek a professionals advice before continuing to swap them around

7. Yeh it's a bip

8. Says 1098 on it. Try sending @chrisw a message to see if he'll reflash it for you. He's away I think at the mo but should be back in a few days time.

9. Thanks pal I will give him a few days if ya see him on here could ya put him onto this thread ta

10. The one with the '96523210a' part code is a 848 Evo DP ecu looking at Google, the other is a 1098 ecu (clue is in the label on the left where it says 1098) so which one does it work with?

11. Chris is at the Bol D'Or so may not be able to respond straight away. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  12. That is the same ecu just the labels on both sides this does not run it and brings the error light on and start code

13. Will do. I'll be round to see him shortly but no doubt he'll get in touch with you as soon as he's back. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I googled some other 'forums' and found that yes, even though it says 1098 it is a 848 Evo one, it's all a bit strange so get Chris to straighten it up, either way it wouldn't work on your non-848 Evo because u have a different engine? so stick with the standard ecu, get it remapped for the cans by a pro, and sell that ECU (if u are sure it's tested working) as it's worth good money if it works

15. I have a 749 with power commander on it so will have both set up and mapped at the same time has anyone ever used daytunner in Harrogate he's been very helpful on e mail and charges 120 inc vat for setting up on dyno mmmmm not bad

16. Bonjour. Back on Tuesday 22nd

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hi Chris,
    Apologies I tried to message you but couldn't work out how. Do you still flash ECU's? I've just fried mine like an idiot whilst connecting to the vdst, now unfortunately be buying a new one asap.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information