1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing Post Issues

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by noobie, May 7, 2020.

1. Sorry I attached it onto an existing thread earlier

General enquiry :D

Yesterday I noticed the ability to edit your own posts dissapeared after 5 minutes. This morning it seemed to have gone back to normal but just now, a post that had just been posted did not have the edit button at all.

Is there any tweeking going on behind the scenes around the ability to edit your own posts?

2. You may want to tag @Rob Noobie. :upyeah:

3. This limited only happens in PM (private messages).... perhaps that is where you had it happen?

4. sorry to go off topic , but I've been trying to work out how to do that on this forum .

If I cut and paste a member's username , it doesn't automatically get the @ sign
    so it probably doesn't notify that user that they've been tagged either .... or not ?

5. No @oldtech Just type the '@' symbol and then begin typing the username you want. You will see a list of names appear as you type. When you see the user you want, just click their name. You can just type the user name after the '@' symbol if you like, both methods work.

Be aware, you can't put any punctuation, letters or numbers after the user's name, such as a comma or full stop, or the tag won't work. You need to leave a space after the name. You know it's worked if the tag highlights in red once you post.

#6 Robarano, May 7, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I've been trying to get on the main forum page this morning to post a new thread, it was blank, OK now though, too late to post my new thread as I can't be bothered now.
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. You have forgotten what it was haven't you :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. This morning, the edit ability isn't there at all ?

9. After looking around my posts around the forums, only one forum has the ability to edit not available, that being the speakers forum. Anyone else having the same restrictions?

10. why would you want to continue to edit posts after the fact?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. I cannot edit my posts in Speakers Corner.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Well if today is an example, when you pull out bits to reply too I know at least on one post today I had a extra QUOTE than I should have so my reply was left in the persons post I sought to reply to.

Spelling is another one (as you know fin :D). As the words go through your fingers to type something, even if you proof read it before pressing post, sometimes you do see how it is written makes sense to you, but one or two key words are needed to make sense to others

13. yip, spelling, nae chance. reading between the lines? well, with you thats easy.

14. So Noobies posts are fact then, now there's a climb down :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. why would you ask me if they where fact now when you have been relying (praying) on them being fact before?

16. Such a tease ;)

17. I didn't ask :thinkingface:

18. you did.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information