1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Ducati For 2020

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Derek, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Looks like Ducati are getting ready for the electric market...

Hub centre steering too.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Very interesting looking. I shall be following the progress of this with interest.

What's the reason for this, what's the advantage?

3. Given their ability of electrics in a petrol bike, a completely electric bike could be fun. How long do you think it will be before all electric vehicles have a card reader in it so you pay for your trip in advance in some form?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. If for 2020 then it must be well underway with development and testing - can't see the link while at work...

5. It separates the suspension from the steering.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Easier to pack a drive motor into a hub?

7. Just watched it on my phone :thinkingface:
    Are you sure that’s Ducati and not just a styling house sketch? The battery pack/weight must sit awfully high up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I have no idea, it could well be. I'd expect the batteries to be down where that suspension shock is.

9. For more un-sprung weight? - that goes against everything you need to make a bike turn :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Its even more VFR than the V4. The hub front should be t'other way round too.

Me no likely leccy bikey. Me fuck offy to grab a coffee.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Agree, but it looks that way in the back end too so may be the concept of power split between 2 wheels for more traction - stranger concepts have been penned I'm sure

12. Ah isn't the future exciting.

Thing is, these bikes will be even faster than our fossil burners

13. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. What, even the bikes that are burning velociraptor fossils?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Don't be silly

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. I heard there is nano tech for refilling your battery. Maybe I imagined that

• Like Like x 1
  17. Leccy bikes are fossil burners too. They draw their power from the grid, which is predominantly oil and gas fired, with a smidgeon of wind and nuclear. The copper etc was mined using fossil fuel and the ships importing them run on deisel. Its all a sham to make you buy what youve already got, again. But for more money.

Theres no escaping The Laws of Thermodynamics. Oh no there isnt. This is one thing Noobs and Loz cannot say fuck all about. Wont stop em though.

Sure, it can cut air pollution locally I guess. But as long as locally doesnt mean you live next door to a traditional power station, then thats fine. Apparently were at 95% utilisation of our power station capacities. I dont see many new ones going up. Not sure how the grid will cope once we all switch to leccy. I guess thats in hand, but this is the UK so actually I doubt it.

Wanna cut air pollution? Then fucking walk everywhere you fat cunts. Says he who drove the 0.9m to work today. Ive got a dodgy hip as Im getting old. Ye. I have. Get rid of those desiel lorries you all drop your kids to school in. Make the little tykes walk like we did. (so we could spend bus fares on fags).

Im going back to 2-strokes to be contrary. Fuck em all.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  18. You're absolutely right, booty, there is nothing you can do to stop me agreeing with the post quoted.

Suck it up, hareballs!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information