1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Vehicles - The New Future?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Apr 10, 2021.

1. As I staggered up to the shops today, I had the normal din from 1.0 and 1.1 litre tins with dustbin exhausts driven with the windows down and the stereo on full blast.

And then I was happy to think that all this crap will end with electric cars that they will not afford. Old cars will be out of the question for they are too thick to fix them.

I try to look on the bright side....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. The Zero SR/S About 20k ATM but I think that it looks OK. Powerful enough and bonkers acceleration. I am going to be sticking with petrol for the foreseeable future and will buy a petrol Aprilia when I get some compensation and my driving license restored - about as likely as me winning the pools which I never enter.
    upload_2021-4-11_17-27-35.png

3. When petrol bikes are banned I shall give up biking.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nonesense Pez, the 'kids' of the future will find a way. We did, our parents did, and them before. Theyll be jacked up mini power stations that glow in teh dark or some contraption and it'll be understood ony by them. It is the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I like biking more than I like petrol. The only thing that will stop me biking is the DVLA. But they have already done that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Also, a near neighbour who is into his cars (loud cars especially) passed me on my way back. He now has an electric BMW - I think that its is a hybrid 330E (it has no badges for they are uncool - apparently) and jeez is it nice and quiet. As I have no driving license and no inclination to buy a car, this might change my mind. I'd have one - although not a hybrid and apparently its electric range is sh1t.

7. But I still want this:
    upload_2021-4-11_18-35-23.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trouble is that when I use a bike I tend to do way over 100 miles on a trip.

9. That could be a problem unless you have convenient charging stations next to coffee shops - and you like coffee!

I think the real answer is hydrogen as in being able to fill up like petrol and only water is the exhaust. Trouble is that prices are out of this world and producing hydrogen without fossil fuels is hard. My solution will probably be to keep my petrol bikes until either you can't buy petrol or I can't ride - whichever comes first.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Another advantage of being an old git!!!

11. The ban on sales of hydrocarbon vehicles still means you can drive them, just as you can still ride a horse. There may be restrictions on where, like the London ULEZ or the increasingly punitive UK track day noise limits. Car wise I gave up caring what I drive on the road and buy very cheap, old, massively depreciated metal. Bike wise, every time I go out I think how dangerous this is to my life and my license. So, when allowed, I go to Euro tracks for three to four days of glorious fun.

12. Separately metered supplies in your house is the way forward for EVs. No way the Government is going to miss out on being able to raise the tax on electricity used for private transport.
    Let's see how 'cheap' it is then....

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Absolutely. Who really thinks it's gonna be 'cheap' They'll get their bit, don't worry about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I pointed out some time ago we're about 10 nuclear power stations away at the moment. I'd love to know where Downing Street thinks all this magic new energy is coming from :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. it's the future.

[​IMG]

this is my model:-

[​IMG]

16. I really, very highly doubt electric vehicles are the ‘future’

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Easy, from Putin

Do Not Sell My Personal Information