1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electrical Help Needed for Awesome Racing Machine

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by blufoot, Apr 30, 2012.

1. I just bought my daughter a Razor Pocket Rocket (PR200) so that she can learn what a 'throttle' is and how it works in conjunction with a 'bike'. I got it really cheap as it needs a new battery, the existing one only lasts about 5-10 mins and is a bit sluggish. Thats fine for the time being and i've already ordered a standard replacement.

I was just wondering if any of you electricaly engineery types could suggest a battery set up that would boost battery life?

Standard set up is 2x12v 7ah in series, dimensions 130W x 151L x 114H, thats both of them together measured to the top of the terminals.

I'm not looking for extra speed or acceleration but am i right in thinking that replacing the batteries with identically sized ones with the same voltage but a bigger 'ah' rating will extend battery life?

There's some more info here that might help but this guy IS looking for more speed/acceleration...

http://www.rcramer.com/bikes/pr200/

#1 blufoot, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. Higher ah rating means more capacity at the same rate of power drain, so a 14ah would last twice as long as a 7ah.

3. Cheers gilps, anyone know a manufacturer that sells that rating in those dimensions?

4. or alternatively a way of shopping for batteries online by dimension, other than labouriously clicking on each battery and checking the dimensions, which is what i'm currently doing - pain in the backside

Do Not Sell My Personal Information