1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Electrical Question

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Pete T, May 21, 2020.

1. I have an SAE lead plugged into the diagnostic port under the seat. It is intended for my lithium battery charger but occurs to me it is also handy to plug in my electric vest during the cold months. Before I do that does anybody know the max current that is safe to draw via that diagnostic port on the V4S?

Second question, does anybody know the "headroom" current available from the generator to support add-on accessories?

My vest which I would plug in via the diagnostic port draws up to 5A and I might attach a phone USB elsewhere which I'm guessing might be another 1A.

2. Got any on sport? Or geography?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. What sport? Geography - ok, if there's more land mass in the northern hemisphere than the southern hemisphere why doesn't the planet tip over?

Let me rephrase the question, surely some of you have connected your heated jacket/gloves/socks/grips/codpiece. Has anybody managed to melt their wiring?

4. Whatever bike it is, a diagnostic port is a....... diagnostic port....... not a power outlet for ~6A. Sort out a connection straight to the battery and you'll not have to think about it ever again:)

5. Don't use that for any form of supply. It's intended for just powering the diagnostics and as it turned out, they found out the could use it to charge with as well. I've seen chargers blowing the fuse when the battery has took enough load and a decent charger connected.

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information